blaze rods

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

awindsor

Jul 29, 2019
i recently made a tier 5 blaze killer, in 2 days I've got around 800 stacks of blaze rods, does anyone have any interesting ideas for what to do with them?

Chagrilled

Jul 29, 2019
you can electrolyse 8 blaze powder for 2 coal and sulphur, then you can industrial centrifuge a stack of coal into thorium.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess with the electrolyze recipe you could also create diamonds? :D 256 or 4 stacks of Rods + 480k EU (and a little bit extra) for a diamond.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Well BlazeRods actually have quite some uses... I and I guess many others too, have a tier 5 zombiespawner... no idea what I should do with all the rotten flesh.

Normally you gather enough blazerods in the process of getting the tier5 spawner anyway, since blazes normally do not like eating their spawners. I got about 3 stacks of blazerods in the process of eating 4 blaze-spawners with the soulshard. I guess with armor and a fire-resist potion it is a lot easier to ignore the blazes going straight for the spawners, but still once you find a netherfortress you have blaze-rods nonetheless, so the spawner is more of a convenience anyway.

But since they are a good source of fuel it is propably the best solution to burn them.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Well BlazeRods actually have quite some uses... I and I guess many others too, have a tier 5 zombiespawner... no idea what I should do with all the rotten flesh.

Normally you gather enough blazerods in the process of getting the tier5 spawner anyway, since blazes normally do not like eating their spawners. I got about 3 stacks of blazerods in the process of eating 4 blaze-spawners with the soulshard. I guess with armor and a fire-resist potion it is a lot easier to ignore the blazes going straight for the spawners, but still once you find a netherfortress you have blaze-rods nonetheless, so the spawner is more of a convenience anyway.

But since they are a good source of fuel it is propably the best solution to burn them.

You don't have to fight them or even fight through them.
It's easier to just dig under them and come at get the spawner from below.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to fight them or even fight through them.
It's easier to just dig under them and come at get the spawner from below.

Yeah perty much this. If you know where the spawner is and it is flush wih the floor or wall it is easy to by pass the mobs and get the spawner.

Same with chests in dungeons.

Brammm

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the opposite problem: no blaze rods. What's the best way to get them? Or can you really only get them from blazes? (and uu matter, which I don't have).

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the opposite problem: no blaze rods. What's the best way to get them? Or can you really only get them from blazes? (and uu matter, which I don't have).
I think the best way to get them is to just go to the Nether and find a Fortress. If a spawner is something you can't/don't want to deal with you can also just wander around the Fortress and eventually natural Blazes will spawn. They won't be in huge numbers, so it might be easier to deal with those.
The advantage of dealing with a spawner though is that you can choose where to fight them, with natural spawns you can encounter them in some bad places.

My plan is to just farm Blazes from a single spawner to get high tier soul shards from them and then use the rods as fuel and to make an automated potion factory. And I guess there are also other resources to get out of the rods which I can also use for factories of different kinds :D

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
I think the best way to get them is to just go to the Nether and find a Fortress. If a spawner is something you can't/don't want to deal with you can also just wander around the Fortress and eventually natural Blazes will spawn. They won't be in huge numbers, so it might be easier to deal with those.
The advantage of dealing with a spawner though is that you can choose where to fight them, with natural spawns you can encounter them in some bad places.

My plan is to just farm Blazes from a single spawner to get high tier soul shards from them and then use the rods as fuel and to make an automated potion factory. And I guess there are also other resources to get out of the rods which I can also use for factories of different kinds :D

Quite correct. Important things if you fight against blazes is that you can dig under the spawners and might be able to find a position where they can not hit you or if the spawner is in the open a bow is a rather powerful weapon against blazes (if you are not good at ghast-ball baseball you might want to have a bow anyway in the nether).

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

With GT, rotten flesh makes methane, which can be used in both a liquid fueled boiler or a gas turbine.

P46EY

Jul 29, 2019

Run into the desert and find blaze flowers (or w/e theyre called. You cant miss them as they look like theyre on fire). Get 2 blaze powder, use a minium stone to create a blaze rod then pulverize it for 4 blaze powder... rinse and repear for infinite blaze rods ;)

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Run into the desert and find blaze flowers (or w/e theyre called. You cant miss them as they look like theyre on fire). Get 2 blaze powder, use a minium stone to create a blaze rod then pulverize it for 4 blaze powder... rinse and repear for infinite blaze rods ;)

I dunno where the flowers are from, but I don't play with any of the magic mods or EE, so for me that isn't really an option ;)

Kariko83

Jul 29, 2019
It is not quite infinite as you will need to make a minium stone once in a while as it will break but you will end up with a lot of rods before that.

The Heresiarch

Jul 29, 2019
With regards to fighting blazes: I like flying round with a jetpack and just hitting them with a sword, works like a charm. :p (Same with ghasts!)

Soulsbane96

Jul 29, 2019
It is not quite infinite as you will need to make a minium stone once in a while as it will break but you will end up with a lot of rods before that.
It can be made infinite with a Crafty Turtle
They dont use durability of items if they craft with them and that includes Minium Stones.