Blaze Farm Design

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
soo im looking for a blaze farm that allows the drops of items like blaze rods and powder.
Not really caring for the XP since i got some of dem essence berry bushes only problem is, i cant get a proper design working.
I'm using the powered spawner from ender io to spawn blazes but have no realway to kill them i'm doing that by hand atm.
so what is the most efficient way, also exclude magic mods I havnt played with TC, botania or Blood magic at all.

Greets,

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
soo im looking for a blaze farm that allows the drops of items like blaze rods and powder.
Not really caring for the XP since i got some of dem essence berry bushes only problem is, i cant get a proper design working.
I'm using the powered spawner from ender io to spawn blazes but have no realway to kill them i'm doing that by hand atm.
so what is the most efficient way, also exclude magic mods I havnt played with TC, botania or Blood magic at all.

Greets,
Hang the spawner from the ceiling of a closed off room(make sure there is no way to get LoS to the blazes, you can use glass if you like to watch the process). Place MFR(or equivalent) Conveyor belts on the floor and funnel them towards your killing method of choice: MFR Grinders, Melee turtle, Dynamism tablet with swords, Autonomous activators or whatever. The blazes will only ever fly if they gain sight of a player(or any other mob attacking them like Blizzes).

I got a example of a such a setup(Using MFR autospawners and automated by ME and CC), which among other mobs spawns Blazes:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-10#post-658213
Updated script and setup:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-25#post-842776

Last edited:

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
The benefit of using grinders is the mob essence. It helps a lot when you want to use an autospawner or something else that requires it.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Killer Joe's from EnderIO (since he's already using powered spawners). Then use vacuum hoppers for the dropped items.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Killer Joe's from EnderIO (since he's already using powered spawners). Then use vacuum hoppers for the dropped items.
Not quite in the position to make the fluids for killer joes might look into them tho, going to go with rhn's method for now see what i can come up with.

@rhn what size of a room would be ideal any idea?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Using MFR Grinders works very well since it is a cube effect including spaces above it. Also good at delivering drops and mob essence that can be used for other things. I wouldn't go so far as to say 'best', but it tends to be my go-to for this purpose.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Not quite in the position to make the fluids for killer joes might look into them tho, going to go with rhn's method for now see what i can come up with.

@rhn what size of a room would be ideal any idea?
That rather depends on the area of the spawners spawning action.
http://wiki.enderio.com/Powered_Spawner
That describes that you need at least 4 blocks radius. Not sure about vertical radius but I think you need at least 2-3 blocks free room above the spawner(blazes are 2 blocks high I think, the spawner might have a vertical spawning range(MFR spawns in a vertical range of +/-1 for example for the "feet" spawning position)). So I would do 3 blocks free space above the spawner if it was me.
Some spawners reduce spawning rate if there are too many mobs in a certain range. So if your killing method is not fast you may want to let the mobs drop down a fair distance(out of spawner range). But not necessary.

So something like a 9x9x9 room would probably be ideal I think, with the spawner hanging down from the ceiling.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
That rather depends on the area of the spawners spawning action.
http://wiki.enderio.com/Powered_Spawner
That describes that you need at least 4 blocks radius. Not sure about vertical radius but I think you need at least 2-3 blocks free room above the spawner(blazes are 2 blocks high I think, the spawner might have a vertical spawning range(MFR spawns in a vertical range of +/-1 for example for the "feet" spawning position)). So I would do 3 blocks free space above the spawner if it was me.
Some spawners reduce spawning rate if there are too many mobs in a certain range. So if your killing method is not fast you may want to let the mobs drop down a fair distance(out of spawner range). But not necessary.

So something like a 9x9x9 room would probably be ideal I think, with the spawner hanging down from the ceiling.
9x9x9 inside or outside xD?
and had about the same numbers in my head so guess ill start building then.
Just gotta find some rubber for the conveyer belts....

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
9x9x9 inside or outside xD?
and had about the same numbers in my head so guess ill start building then.
Just gotta find some rubber for the conveyer belts....
Inside dimensions(well rather depends on how the author of the wiki I linked counts radius in MC, but often it is counted as blocks in addition to the spawner).

Extra Utilities Conveyors should do as well. They require Tracks however which might be a larger pain to craft(Creosote for the ties, Rolling Machine for rails).
IC2 Rubber is probably by far easiest to gather and you don't need huge amounts.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
I got over 300 tracks in my AE system... thanks obama >.>(quarry and now a ender quarry).
but yea here is a screen shot http://puu.sh/g1jzP/ba6cf72b14.png gonna fancy up the place a little :3

If i did the math right i need around 11 netherbricks(chiseld into stone lava things)

and i did the math wrong what a goddamn suprise thanks obama!

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I got over 300 tracks in my AE system... thanks obama >.>(quarry and now a ender quarry).
but yea here is a screen shot http://puu.sh/g1jzP/ba6cf72b14.png gonna fancy up the place a little :3

If i did the math right i need around 11 netherbricks(chiseld into stone lava things)
Cant judge from the picture if you have done so already, but perhaps you want to make the room slightly bigger on one side so you can add multiple spawners(for different mobs) and use the same killing mechanism to kill them all. You could then just run redstone wires to cut off the power to the individual spawners(or perhaps the spawners react directly to redstone signal?) to some levers(or something more fancy) to control what you want spawned.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Cant judge from the picture if you have done so already, but perhaps you want to make the room slightly bigger on one side so you can add multiple spawners(for different mobs) and use the same killing mechanism to kill them all. You could then just run redstone wires to cut off the power to the individual spawners(or perhaps the spawners react directly to redstone signal?) to some levers(or something more fancy) to control what you want spawned.

Maybe a project for a later day currently fancying up the place shouldve recorded it tbh.

824c9a0839.png

lookin fancy prob gonna do like a big window in the middle going down have a staircase n stuff

Last edited:

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Some more progress
Will probably use spikes to kill the blazes, also can blazes see through glass/aggro you? @rhn
d1afaa958a.png

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Some more progress
Will probably use spikes to kill the blazes, also can blazes see through glass/aggro you? @rhn
d1afaa958a.png
Nope, you are perfectly fine using glass.
I am not sure about the spikes, they might start flying when they take damage from them(never actually used them myself I must admit). They do with water. Better experiment a bit with that.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, you are perfectly fine using glass.
I am not sure about the spikes, they might start flying when they take damage from them(never actually used them myself I must admit). They do with water. Better experiment a bit with that.
Just going to try it would need a way to pick up the items since they dont go through the spikes sadly.

whoop whoop works fine!
but i dont think they drop stuff with the iron spikes :l

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just going to try it would need a way to pick up the items since they dont go through the spikes sadly.

whoop whoop works fine!
but i dont think they drop stuff with the iron spikes :l
Try Vacuum Hoppers or if you got Random Things then Item Collectors

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Etheric swords are breakable now!?
and i tried vacuum hoppers sadly didnt work + they didnt drop items

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Ow cmon... autonomous activator isnt attacking... what the hell how the hell am i supposed to kill them...

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
NEVUR MIND!
Was impatient its working will post a pic later or tomorrow.
it is not fast but it works

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
bc47f6b685.png

Aww yiss!
Might upgrade it to a semi XP farm but would need gold spikes for that which dont drop items so i would need(i think) diamond spikes which are expensive.