Blaze Farm Design

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
bc47f6b685.png

Aww yiss!
Might upgrade it to a semi XP farm but would need gold spikes for that which dont drop items so i would need(i think) diamond spikes which are expensive.
Funnel them to a Melee turtle(Turtle crafted with a Diamond sword) and use this script: http://pastebin.com/nRYFDYNg
It will kill them, sword lasts forever and items dropped will be deposited in an inventory above the turtle(you can change that in the code), and will drop xp.
Or you could use a MFR grinder :p

Reactions: Plainy

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Some more progress
Will probably use spikes to kill the blazes, also can blazes see through glass/aggro you?
The only mob that can see through blocks (pre aggro) is the spider. This is just a worthwhile fact to know.

Reactions: Plainy

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
My goodness people like to get complicated;)

Spawner moved with portal/gravity gun/diamond dolly above flowing water leading to a vanilla hopper... No power, free blaze rods when you're within 16 blocks. AFK for a bit and you'll have plenty.

Can still go this route with a powered spawner, free killing. OR see below

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
personally if I'd have to build a blaze farm I'd rather place a blaze spawner from the nether in the farm and place a piece of cursed earth underneath the spawner.
the cursed earth will allow the spawner to spawn mobs even though you're not near the spawner anymore.
this way you don't need to spend power to power the spawner.

if you want an easy on/off switch for the spawner you could use the blood magic teleposer to teleport the cursed earth block around.
or you could use a tinker's mechworks drawbridge aswell if you're not that far into blood magic yet.

and if you want the best efficiency when it comes to killing, I'd personally choose a killer joe with an etheric sword as mention before.
you can enchant it with sharpness and looting, and looting is the best partg of it.
though the only way I've found to be able to damage an etheric sword is by putting it into a disenchanter.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
the power really isnt a problem I just need to spend time replacing conduits atm XD.
Also will make a Cursed earth spawner because why not. grinder would do the job there I guess.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Don't need a grinder, just water
Don't use water unless you have absolutely no other means to kill them. It is a horrible means of killing them. It takes ages to kill them, it is noisy a heck. It causes them to start flying(which forces you to build the trap very specific to keep them in the water, limiting your spawning room size). I would only use it if I was forced to play vanilla MC.

If you want to create contraptions that are really bad for server/PC performance, then yeah water blazefarms are awesome. I would go for something like the Grinder any day.