Windows .jar Bizarre constant crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleyskiv

Jul 29, 2019
Experiencing a bizarre crash with Feed the Beast, direwolf20 pack and logistic pipes. While moving seeds and flowers (possibly belonging to a mod like forestry) from an iron chest to my inventory, my game crashed and now everyone crashes when trying to get onto the server. Tried restarting the server with no results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Crash log is below.

http://pastebin.com/rCtjH2F8

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at forestry.arboriculture.items.ItemGermlingGE.getIconIndex(ItemGermlingGE.java:112)
        at bce.a(RenderItem.java:130)
        at cpw.mods.ironchest.client.TileEntityIronChestRenderer.render(TileEntityIronChestRenderer.java:180)
        at cpw.mods.ironchest.client.TileEntityIronChestRenderer.a(TileEntityIronChestRenderer.java:191)
        at bdw.a(SourceFile:103)
        at bdw.a(SourceFile:96)
        at bav.a(RenderGlobal.java:499)
        at ban.a(EntityRenderer.java:1131)
        at ban.b(EntityRenderer.java:974)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:882)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:771)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Delete your player.dat file from your server/world. Keep in mind you will lose your inventory and will move you to the serverspawn but atleast you should be able to login again.

Will test that on my testserver to see if i can replaicate it cause that whould be a nasty bug, can you remember what seeds or where it just normal seeds?

Aleyskiv

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at forestry.arboriculture.items.ItemGermlingGE.getIconIndex(ItemGermlingGE.java:112)
        at bce.a(RenderItem.java:130)
        at cpw.mods.ironchest.client.TileEntityIronChestRenderer.render(TileEntityIronChestRenderer.java:180)
        at cpw.mods.ironchest.client.TileEntityIronChestRenderer.a(TileEntityIronChestRenderer.java:191)
        at bdw.a(SourceFile:103)
        at bdw.a(SourceFile:96)
        at bav.a(RenderGlobal.java:499)
        at ban.a(EntityRenderer.java:1131)
        at ban.b(EntityRenderer.java:974)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:882)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:771)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Delete your player.dat file from your server/world. Keep in mind you will lose your inventory and will move you to the serverspawn but atleast you should be able to login again.

Will test that on my testserver to see if i can replaicate it cause that whould be a nasty bug, can you remember what seeds or where it just normal seeds?

I deleted the player.dat file which absolutely worked, it let me log on but as soon as I got near the base where it originally happened I was hit with the exact same crash. There is a chunkloader there but it only happens when I get close to it; can float high above the area with no problem. I don't know what seeds, it was some sort of seeds or flowers, I only mentioned forestry seeds because of "forestry.arboriculture.items" in the crash report. Thank you for the help though Nessiroj

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Can you download the map and open it in singleplayer? often that way you can fix the problem and then reupload the world

Aleyskiv

Jul 29, 2019
Can you download the map and open it in singleplayer? often that way you can fix the problem and then reupload the world
Okay, I tried doing that with no luck, the same chunk crashes me with the same bug. I tried using Chunkster and Minecraft Region Fixer to see if it was a corrupted chunk but neither of those worked. Finally how I fixed it was by removing forestry from the modpack and adding it back in. It caused minimal damage but it appears to be fixed. It doesn't necessarily fix the root problem and maybe the crash could happen again in similiar circumstances in which case I'll be better prepared to report it, but the problem is solved for now. Thank you for your help Nessiroj, if there's anything I can do for you then just ask.

Reactions: Nessiroj
Status
Not open for further replies.