Problem Bizarre chunk loading behavior - way to see what mods are loading chunks?

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies if this has already been posted/answered in similar fashion, a search turned up nothing that could help this particular situation.

In my current modpack, I'm having some absolutely inexplicable chunk loading behavior. I have Roguelike Dungeons and Witchery as part of the pack, and for some reason, a majority of the roguelikes in the world are full of loaded chunks, and some witchery walled villages have loaded chunks - but only the chunks containing walls. These chunks are loaded regardless of whether any players are logged in or not. Additionally, it looks like these are all orphaned as they unload every 30 seconds - and then immediately reload. I am at my wit's end and ready to start doing the "delete half the mods, see if it persists" method to try to find the culprit, but wanted to ask first - is there any way to find out what mods are loading chunks? I know I can easily see what chunks are loaded (OPIS, /chunkloaders), but not who/what is doing the actual loading since these are not caused by player-placed blocks. (Alternately, has anybody else come across bahavior like this and found a solution?) I can provide any additional information if needed to help me resolve this.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Opis work with mapwriter (map mod). AAAAnnnnddd... mapwriter has service to show loaded chucks on map. And also say which mod do it.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Where exactly does MapWriter show which mods are loading individual chunks? I know I can show which ones are loaded easily enough but see no information on what is loading any specific individual chunk. Keep in mind I'm not talking about forced chunks, as these aren't classified as force loaded (they are green rather than blue.)

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
http://clip2net.com/s/3kU5pxb
just move mouse over there and scroll until see "loaded chunks"
http://clip2net.com/s/3kU5uLZ
and in bottom label will see by what its loaded
Ah, yes, I've seen that part, the problem is what exactly is "game loaded"? All of the chunks mentioned in the initial post are marked as "Game loaded", which means nothing - I need to figure out *why* the game is loading them, as there is no sensible reason for it to be doing so. I can only assume some mods are causing it but no idea how to check if that is the case. Thank you for trying to help though, apologies if I wasn't clearer in my original post.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
"game loaded" is chuncks loaded by minecraft itself. if chunks loaded by mod its writes which mod doing that.
i will post example when be home.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Followup: I did some experimentation, and it appears that removing ProjectRed's Worldgen module from my mod pack resolves this issue, so I will contact the author of that mod for more information.