Biomes O' Plenty not generating.

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Spinner981

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Biomes O' Plenty not generating.
Launcher Version:
v1.4.6
Modpack:
Infinity
Modpack Version:
v1.3.4
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Downloaded an infinity server from the FTB launcher. The world did not generate with BoP biomes, and after setting level-type to BIOMESOP and generator-settings to BIOMESOP, new chunks still would not load with any BoP biomes. I don't want to restart this world, because me and my friend have sunk about 30 hours into it so far. Everything I can find online is telling me to do what I have already tried and nothing is working.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Once a world is started you cannot change the terrain generation method(and the terrain generator picks the biomes to spawn). The only way to get BoP to work is to have the settings set to the BoP terrain gen before you generate the world.

Spinner981

Jul 29, 2019
Once a world is started you cannot change the terrain generation method(and the terrain generator picks the biomes to spawn). The only way to get BoP to work is to have the settings set to the BoP terrain gen before you generate the world.
There wasn't even a server properties folder before the world was generated though.

I remember playing on a server before that was updated with new biomes and structures when a new minecraft patch was applied, and I've seen posts online talking about making it so BoP can generate after world gen but it would cause abrupt biome cut offs.

I did make a copy of the server folder and deleted the world folder and generated it new with the new options I set and there were BoP biomes in there.

Should I be able to access these new biomes in this world if I used a mod like mystcraft or RFTools to create a new world with the BoP biomes in it? Since those worlds would generate newly?

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
There wasn't even a server properties folder before the world was generated though.

I remember playing on a server before that was updated with new biomes and structures when a new minecraft patch was applied, and I've seen posts online talking about making it so BoP can generate after world gen but it would cause abrupt biome cut offs.

I did make a copy of the server folder and deleted the world folder and generated it new with the new options I set and there were BoP biomes in there.

Should I be able to access these new biomes in this world if I used a mod like mystcraft or RFTools to create a new world with the BoP biomes in it? Since those worlds would generate newly?
Yeah the very first time you run the server it downloads archives and generates files etc. But you are in no way forced to use that default world that it creates. You can just delete the world folder, change the settings and start the server again. Or I actually prefer to generate the world in singleplayer(it is much easier to test different seeds that way and you dont need to fiddle with server world settings) and then just copy the world over onto the server(make sure its folder is the same name as in the properties file).

As for mystcraft worlds it is not possible to create worlds that use the BoP world gen(AFAIK). But you can create worlds where you choose a selection of BoP biomes(up to 3 different biomes).
How it goes with RFTools I am not sure, have no personal experience with that yet.