Biogas engines broken?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
I know this has been discussed in another thread. but biogas engines are really acting funky. they heat up to 501 degrees, and nothing happens. if I stand next to them for 5ish minutes, they start up. this is not reliable behaviour for my energy production system. is this issue being looked at?

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
Oh right sorry. DW20 pack, biomass, lava. and I have iron or gates on the wooden conductive pipes with a pipe wire with the startup signal. the signal is high, engines are heating up. but takes 5 minutes before actually starting to pump MJ into the system. the redstone energy cell they're all connected to is about half full, it has even been empty and they didn't start.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Ok you tried without the gates to see if it starts up normally (in other words if the gates are affecting it)?

Can you screenshot it me pls and post?

Try with redstone energy conduits and see if you have the same issue, you need at least 2 sections so you can wrench the arrows in the correct directions.

Also where is this other thread?

Chance

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem but no gates, they have biomass and lava but just dont run sometimes. Eventually they turn on, and then randomly they turn off. No change in settings.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I had this problem- breaking the engine and replacing it seems to be the fix.

Edit- this seems to happen each time the engine uses a bucket of fuel, and it doesnt refill the far left tank (current fuel) from its fuel buffer.

Anyone got a link to the original thread?

Actual edit- editing fail (and ninja admin!)

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019

Attachments

• mine6.png
    mine6.png
    385.5 KB · Views: 123

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
I had this problem a ton initially.

Every time I logged in, wandered too far, or swapped ages/nether/end/etc.

After I chunkloaded it, it stopped happening outside of when I log in. Seems like(guesstimate) they aren't always/properly checking if they're supposed to be running or not until the next time they would have used a bucket of biomass, so if they get interrupted they just stay off.

Sometimes flipping their redstone off and then on again 10-15 seconds later will work, most of the time not. I think that's an entirely separate visual only bug where they appear to not be running when they are on though. You can check the top right tab to see if you're outputting any energy or not, I've caught a few stationary engines still outputting 5 MJ/t.

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
I did check the tab, and 0 MJ is outputted. I changed now to redstone conduits, no change in behaviour.

Attachments

• mine7.png
    mine7.png
    355.3 KB · Views: 78

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
I did check the tab, and 0 MJ is outputted. I changed now to redstone conduits, no change in behaviour.
Yeah they're going to be screwed until they reset, whatever it is that causes that. You can probably break them yourself and re-place them as well, though if you're really short on biomass that's a lot to ask.

If you chunkload them it should stop reoccurring outside of when you first log on, at least if you're having the same issue I was anyway.

kcbanner

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having this problem as well, I posted in another thread before I saw this. It seems they randomly come back on but I can't figure out what triggers it.