Biogas engine using all the lava on milk

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Badjr

Jul 29, 2019
So I've recently set up a small starter biogas system using milk to power my machines. the milk gathering part works just fine, the milk tank is always full, the problem I'm having is that it's using the lava well after startup. One bucket of lava will keep the engine working for around 10 minutes at the most, but it should only be using the lava on startup to generate heat.

I'm running the most recent update of the Mindcrack pack, if that gives any extra information
Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Biogas engines were changed to require the usage of lava to use milk. You can find the change logged in the correct mod's change log for the last or second to last version. Good luck!

Reactions: Badjr

Badjr

Jul 29, 2019
Biogas engines were changed to require the usage of lava to use milk. You can find the change logged in the correct mod's change log for the last or second to last version. Good luck!

Figures the newest forestry patch found yet another way to screw me over. Thank you for the info

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea now that MFR you can get milk in liquid with 0 buckets too bad the lava doesn't even last long enough to give you 18k MJ. Your better off burning off the lava in a Combustion or Mangatic Engine. Combustion may be slow and dangerous but you get most bangs out of your bucks for every bucket with just a constant supply of water.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Figures the newest forestry patch found yet another way to screw me over. Thank you for the info

Don't look at it like its screwing you over.

Look at it as it is giving you a reson to be creative.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Try using seed oil. A golem powered melon farm should give you plenty of seeds for seed oil. Also in the latest version, both flax seeds, corn kernels and hennequin seeds can all be used for seed oil. I had 2 squeezers with seeds fueling 6 biogas engines in my previous world.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Try using seed oil. A golem powered melon farm should give you plenty of seeds for seed oil. Also in the latest version, both flax seeds, corn kernels and hennequin seeds can all be used for seed oil. I had 2 squeezers with seeds fueling 6 biogas engines in my previous world.
Oooooorrrr, just use MFR to make a 2x2 jungle tree farm, recycle the vines this inevitably creates, then craft the scrap into IC2 fertilizer.
IC2 fertilizer works like bonemeal in an MFR fertilizer, and you seem to get over 20 vines per tree, so you should be able to make a fully self-sustaining insta-growing tree farm.

Or, you could use the new Xychorium Soil to make an MFR sugarcane farm, and process those into either Forestry or IC2 biofuel. Or sugar, and then into methane.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't know the Fertilizer machine can run on IC2 fertilizer so much cheaper than the 2k eu you need to make it via the composter and having to supply a ton of sewage. You can add an overclocker for most power saving recycling or another one for fast recycling yet take 1 eu less per operation.