Bio reactor - power for the poor

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drkevlar

Jul 29, 2019
So i decided to pick up FTB again and wanted to see if i could revive an old method with a new touch inspired by a few forum topics :)

The version i'm using is Unleashed 1.1.3 but suggestions from other mod packs are also welcome.

My plan is is similar to squid power except it will use seeds and flowers for a more varied input.

My goals are:
  • As cheap as possible
  • Least amount of lag
  • Overflow protection
  • No mobs or their drops automated (squid)
  • Set and forget

So far i've set my eyes on a sewage. I can produce infinite MFR industrial fertilizer, which turns into Forestry fertilizer!
Dispensers can't use it but turtles can.

Yay!

Next thing is deciding what to use cutting down and harvesting the seeds and flowers.
It will probably be a sticky piston to darken the room, but I haven't decided on that yet.

I'll keep you guys posted with my testing of this build.
Here's the first teaser:

fertilizer.png

neiromaru

Jul 29, 2019
I like using dispensers to place water which chops down grass/flowers and pushes the dropped items towards an obsidian pipe. You can even have the turtle that places the bonemeal trigger the dispensers with redstone!
Something like:
X[][][][][][][][][]X
[][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][]T[][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][]O[][][][][]

X= where dispensers place water
T= turtle a block above the grass
O= obsidian pipe

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
It takes work to get a good supply, but IC2 Crops can be used for a source of red and yellow dye.

Although there's no way to make them grow instantly, and it's a lot of work to make fast growing ones, MFR Harvesters work with them. And there's no need to replant Crops.

You can also get purple, cyan, and black dye. Though those take crossbreeding and tend to grow slower. Cocoa and netherwart as well, though you can start those with the actual plants.