Binnie's Mods

Malrama

Jul 29, 2019
Hello folks! :D

Well, I would like to discuss about "Binnie's Mods" as it is something I am really afraid of.
Do you guys know what is going on with that mod?
A little Quote from the FTB Devs:

Mods that cannot be updated due to Binnie's Mods not supporting Forestry 4:
-Bdlib
-Forestry
-Gendustry
-Immersice Engineering
-Magic Bees
-NEI Addons
-NEI Intergration

Well, so it seems like some Mods can't be updated because Binnie's Mods are not updated to support Forestry 4.X.
Thats nothing that weird as this seem to happen from time to time.
My problem with that story is, that binnie seems to be ... lost? gone? I dont know.
His Twitter Accound has not been used since July, on his issue tracker he did not respond to anyone and on other ways he does not to seem to interact with the minecraft community.

Do someone of you know whats going on there? Is he still developing? How to see the future? Will we ever stuck in forestry 3.X and cant use the cool features of updated mods?

Greetings! :D

6210classick

Jul 29, 2019
if you want to farm resources check out B0B Gary's Growable Ores or Magical Crops

as for farming just stick with either MFR or EIO

Malrama

Jul 29, 2019
I am not about how to Farm the best. I don't even use Binnie's Mod in my gameplays.

I am more about: What is in the future? What is when it takes 10 months till the mod gets updated if even?

How will FTB handle this? I mean, we have to update to Forestry 4.X oneday.

Also, do someone know if this Mod is still under development?

xeronut

Jul 29, 2019
I am not about how to Farm the best. I don't even use Binnie's Mod in my gameplays.

I am more about: What is in the future? What is when it takes 10 months till the mod gets updated if even?

How will FTB handle this? I mean, we have to update to Forestry 4.X oneday.

Also, do someone know if this Mod is still under development?
My understanding is that Binnie is a University student and works on the mod when he has time, hence the flurry of updates and new content followed by months of silence. Gotta hand it to the guy for having his priorities, if this is the case.

Reactions: Padfoote

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
My understanding is that Binnie is a University student and works on the mod when he has time, hence the flurry of updates and new content followed by months of silence. Gotta hand it to the guy for having his priorities, if this is the case.

Quoted for truth and correctness (is that even a word :))

Malrama

Jul 29, 2019

Well and what is when this mod never gets updated or very very late? Do we still have to stuck on forestry 3.X and thus cant upgrade 50% of the mods?
When he is all that busy, he should open his code so that we can even update.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Well and what is when this mod never gets updated or very very late? Do we still have to stuck on forestry 3.X and thus cant upgrade 50% of the mods?
When he is all that busy, he should open his code so that we can even update.

His mods, his choice. Having his priorities straight isn't a valid reason to make someone give up their code.

Reactions: ICountFrom0