Bigest oil gyser you have Seen/used

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PirateAE

Jul 29, 2019
just poped up a new NWP map, got a huge 24 diameter oil bell(CMed to look at the bell itself), + the huge deposit on the serface, whats the largest gyser you have seen /used? (ill grab a few screens in a bit)

PirateAE

Jul 29, 2019
well ive jumped to cm and am pumping mine dry with three pumps >.> ive already got over 9k buckets worth from it o_O

also nothing like pumping oil at greater than a bucket a second :p

PirateAE

Jul 29, 2019
well final total appox, is 10 440 buckets of oil o_O not sure how you would ever run out of that much oil lol

un worry

Jul 29, 2019

Filled a max iron tank, refined it all to fuel and almost filled the oil tank again. It was a huge geyser, easy 25 blocks high, and there's another 200 blocks further away. Freaky.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
In my current world in my custom modpack, i'm currently draining an oil well and it hasn't even gotten into the stone yet. It's fueling a boiler (that i actually started on the creosote oil from my 8 coke ovens), and so far in my steel tank it shows 800,-something-thousand. It probably pumped 900,000 or so buckets in. And, like i said, it hasn't even reached the straight line down to the threshold of oil, it's STILL ON THE SURFACE.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I once found a oil spout going up to about Y:100, never pumped it, but i presume it would give alot....
I also went under it, nearly drowned, so big.

Noxi

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the largest one I have ever encountered, I never used it though as I was simply testing the stability of my modpack when I found it:

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the largest one I have ever encountered, I never used it though as I was simply testing the stability of my modpack when I found it:

This is actually really small geyser, only a couple blocks over the surface, because BC oil generation treats (treated?) Natura clouds as ground.

Reactions: shockwave95

Noxi

Jul 29, 2019
This is actually really small geyser, only a couple blocks over the surface, because BC oil generation treats (treated?) Natura clouds as ground.

Yeah I know, just posted it because the it's the largest one I have ever seen.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
oilgeyser.jpg

The geyser was actually a good bit taller than this when I first found it- I eventually moved the pump down a bit to take a prettier picture. Sadly, it seems I didn't keep the shots of the geyser at full height. It looked particularly imposing by virtue of being embedded in a redrock hill.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone found an infinite oil spring? Apparently that's something that's been added.

Yes, if your oil geyser has a 1x1 hole to bedrock it has oil spring. To verify it you can put NEI highlight mode on and look on that block of bedrock. Keep in mind that it is very, very slow, enough for either 4 or 6 combustion engines running all the time. http://i.imgur.com/teikFGn.png

Reactions: PeggleFrank

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, if your oil geyser has a 1x1 hole to bedrock it has oil spring. To verify it you can put NEI highlight mode on and look on that block of bedrock. Keep in mind that it is very, very slow, enough for either 4 or 6 combustion engines running all the time. http://i.imgur.com/teikFGn.png

24-36 MJ/t is nothing to sneeze at, even if it's very far from your base...
And, according to my calculations, you can make 1.44 more mj per tick by using a steam boiler instead, though you'd have to find the right boiler size for the oil production rate, or find a lot of them, chunkload them all, and teleport the oil to a central location.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
24-36 MJ/t is nothing to sneeze at, even if it's very far from your base...
And, according to my calculations, you can make 1.44 more mj per tick by using a steam boiler instead, though you'd have to find the right boiler size for the oil production rate, or find a lot of them, chunkload them all, and teleport the oil to a central location.

Teleportation is for pussies, I use trains for it ;). But well, for me getting oil is not a point, building cool contraption that utilizes it is.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Teleportation is for pussies, I use trains for it ;). But well, for me getting oil is not a point, building cool contraption that utilizes it is.
I love the trains! ;)
The largest Oil gyser I have found filled a xycraft tank with a little over 5 million units.