Bigest oil gyser you have Seen/used

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
The largest one I've seen was 30 blocks tall, in an ocean, give or take some. I never actually pumped it after my biofuel system became self-sufficient, but I made my base next to it just in case.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
I think I have... Filled up 2 steel railcraft max size tanks[DOUBLEPOST=1375093962][/DOUBLEPOST]Still haven't seen stone

An infinite oil spring is a block that looks exactly like bedrock, but occasionally spawns an oil source block above it at a decently slow rate. It occasionally spawns at the bottom of wells, with a percentage chance.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
An infinite oil spring is a block that looks exactly like bedrock, but occasionally spawns an oil source block above it at a decently slow rate. It occasionally spawns at the bottom of wells, with a percentage chance.

Hmm that sounds interesting. I wonder if you could move it with a gravity gun?

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
It's a piece of bedrock.

Common sense tells me no.

If it works like Saltpeter spawner blocks, and my gut instinct tells me that they do (CovertJaguar is developing for both RC and BC), then yes, they can be moved by Portal/Gravity Gun. Still, it is rather cheaty... I'd just build a Desert mining age for the increased Oil spawn, set a Mining Frame Machine going, and once it ran a decent amount of time, go hunt for the oil source blocks... After all, doing it manually would kind of take a long ass time =S

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Well, just tested it with a portal and gravity gun in creative and it didn't work.

PirateAE

Jul 29, 2019
might be self taged black list on it. nice to see all the gysers that gave out sized mine >.<

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
In my current world in my custom modpack, i'm currently draining an oil well and it hasn't even gotten into the stone yet. It's fueling a boiler (that i actually started on the creosote oil from my 8 coke ovens), and so far in my steel tank it shows 800,-something-thousand. It probably pumped 900,000 or so buckets in. And, like i said, it hasn't even reached the straight line down to the threshold of oil, it's STILL ON THE SURFACE.
The number listed in the railcraft tanks is in millibuckets. This mean every 1,000 is one bucket, so 900,000 is 900 buckets.