Big Reactors?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I was wondering what the largest big reactor you have ever built was and what you used for coolant and its output. I seem to understand that diamond is the best coolant correct? Can you guys show me some of your setups of big reactors? I need some inspiration and design ideas :p

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
17x17x40 was the biggest I ever built. It had diamond blocks between the cores and resonant ender between the cores and the outer casing.

It put out a bumload of power but still not even close to the reactorcraft HP turbine I ended up using later in that world ;)

Ritt

Jul 29, 2019
I've been mostly playing solo since Big Reactors has been around. I have a 7x7x7 with the same internal layout as malicious_bloke's, i.e. diamond blocks among the fuel rods and resonant ender around the outside. It has a peak output of 11.6 kRF/t, and I haven't needed more than that yet, but I haven't got around to setting up laser drills yet, either. I tried using MFR's programmable rednet controller to adjust the fuel rods, which wasn't hard to do, but because I wasn't using huge amounts of RF, the reactor was never getting hot enough to keep up a good fuel efficiency, so I stopped doing that. Once I get my laser drills set up, that may be a thing to revisit.

I still want to try cryotheum, see if I can squeeze a few more RF out of the 7-cube before getting on with the next phase of construction.