Big Reactor Efficiency and Explotions?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Yesterday I tried a bit with BigReactors and I think that it’s a very nice and cheep way to get RF.

I tried a 4x4x4 Reactor making 1800 RF/t and an 20x20x20 doing 11000 RF/t.

Both done with a chess pattern of water/reactor coil.

It seems it does not use up to much Fuel. I think if you have a Quarry running and export the Yellorium into the Reactor it should easily keep up together with the recycled Ingot from BR.

I could not find any info about how to setup this reactors self-sustaining (if possible) or how the waste is produced. Or when they explode.

I saw a Spotlight and the guy say they will eventually explode. But my 20x20x20 water cooled Reactor was at 6,5K Heat for like 15 mins and it did not explode. But before I put this under my base I want to be sure.

Thx for the info

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hm nice. So I will have a look in how to setup this reactors right and how to self sustain

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Yhea thx already found this one and I will try out then today.
my main issue was if they explode or not since in the Spotlight they told they do and din´t found about it.
probbably they did in a older version. thx anyway!

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys I want to build the 7x7x3 Big Reactor from the spreadsheet... but I don't have 64 Ender Pearls yet. Can I just use water for now or is that a bad idea?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
If I understand correctly, any reactor on that list can run on any coolant. To prevent overheating, you will likely need to control the reaction which will result in less power.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
According to the code "graphene" is the best coolant though I've no idea what mod might add that. It *might* be referring to graphite blocks but I can't be sure without testing which I don't really care to do at the moment.[DOUBLEPOST=1392168172][/DOUBLEPOST]
So as long as it's just below 1000 degrees it should be fine?
As long as it's any degrees it will be fine.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
As long as it's any degrees it will be fine.

Actually, there is an efficiency curve, you want the temps high but below a certain number which I believe is 1000. Keeping your reactor at around 950 should get most of the possible output.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Actually, there is an efficiency curve, you want the temps high but below a certain number which I believe is 1000. Keeping your reactor at around 950 should get most of the possible output.
I understand this but a reactor will be "ok" at any temperature. It will never malfunction or explode or do any such nasty thing.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I saw Ako controling his Reactor with Control panels so it would shut down once its at 90% energie stored and activate itself again once it drops down 20%.
This makes it using less Yellorium but is there a way to fully auto sustain this things ? For now I got a chest full of yellorium but I would like to have a Energie generator that do not relay on a Wood farm and is self sustained.

Edit:
OK just next post I read I got the answer.... NVM

I added three lime focii to an mfr laser running off my 7x7x3 big reactor and its producing enough uranium to sustain itself and a second reactor.
The emeralds and miscellaneous ores are a nice bonus

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Reactions: un worry

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I know I´m asking a lot last days but just got motivated to try new stuff and Wiki´s and Youtube still has poor to no material about it.

How can you control a Reactor that he first consume the Blutorium and then the Yellorium?

Atm I have 2 Inport acces ports in the Reactor. One hocked up to a enderchest with Yellorium from my Storage and the other one directly to the Recicler.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
I know I´m asking a lot last days but just got motivated to try new stuff and Wiki´s and Youtube still has poor to no material about it.

How can you control a Reactor that he first consume the Blutorium and then the Yellorium?

Atm I have 2 Inport acces ports in the Reactor. One hocked up to a enderchest with Yellorium from my Storage and the other one directly to the Recicler.

If you're using hoppers or similar, you could have a comparator see if there's anything in the hopper feeding yellorium into its access port and if there isn't, enable the hopper feeding blutonium into the other access port. But that's a fairly vanilla-ish solution. There are a lot of logistics/transport/storage mod options for moving around stuff in specific order. Being lazy, I'd just have one access port and have the recycler just feeding into the same chest I'm keeping the yellorium in. Since the access port already has yellorium in it, it won't start taking blutonium until it completely runs out of yellorium.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hm ok I will have look into it then with othermods. I thoguht via the rednet controlers there is a way. I do not understand the optiones in them very well(maybe lack of english understanding).

a other issue I have is that I now made 2 7x7x7 reactors. One is poweringthe Laser drill and the other is powering my base. Problem is that the second one is just producing 1900 Rf/t and the first 2400rf/t.
I¨m playing on Monster 1.0.10 and its a 7x7x7 X pattern 5 Fuel Rods with 4 diamond blocks at the top layer beside the Controlrods and rest filled in with Ender.

If I do not miss anything, both are setup the same. Only thing I thouhgt about is that I¨m near a Snow Biome and maybe one of them is cooled natuarly by the Biome?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Since the access port already has yellorium in it, it won't start taking blutonium until it completely runs out of yellorium.
But he wants to use the blutonium 1st. I'd do the easy thing & just feed the blutonium into a 2nd reactor. Easiest for his set up would be to use a comparator to stop the yellorium when blutonium is available.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
But he wants to use the blutonium 1st. I'd do the easy thing & just feed the blutonium into a 2nd reactor. Easiest for his set up would be to use a comparator to stop the yellorium when blutonium is available.

Ah, I had it backwards then.

On the rednet port, you can do stuff like output the stored energy amount as a percentage. You can then use that information to send a signal back to the reactor to toggle the reactor on/off. Rednet cable can be set to 16 different colors, so multiple signals can go through the same cable/port. If one is using computer craft, one can do the same thing with the computer port.

But the choice of fuel, blutonium when it is available, then yellorium, is better handled through redstone logic and/or various logistical mods outside the reactor.