Problem Beyond: Is it possible to disable a mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

Manuel Velasco

using the FTB launcher, clicking on "edit modpack" button, disabling blood magic, blood arsenal, deep resonance, embers and roots takes me to a minecraft windows with a lot of symbols i can't read and 2 buttons: one takes me to the mod folder, the other one takes me to java console.
No other options... only thing i can do is close the window and the game closes.
Is it possible to disable a mod?
Do i need to do anything else?

thanks in avance.
PD: tried as well on twitch launcher, unlocking the profile and deselecting the mods crash the game.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I'd have to load up a Beyond instance but my guess Is there is a dependant mod for one of the ones you listed that is causing that.

Do a Google search for each one with its version for dependant mods, ex: blood magic v x.x dependant mod

Disable any that show.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
If it crashes because a mod requires one of the disabled mods, the crash report should tell which mod it is.

M

Manuel Velasco

its not a crash so no crash report... is more like a "can't go on"...then the window with unreadable text with the only option of closing the window, besides the 2 option buttons explained above....

I'd have to load up a Beyond instance but my guess Is there is a dependant mod for one of the ones you listed that is causing that.

Do a Google search for each one with its version for dependant mods, ex: blood magic v x.x dependant mod

Disable any that show.

i tried same procedure only with "akashic tome"... i don't think this mod has any dependencies... same result.. i think something is telling the launcher not to continue if all and every single mod are not present. by the way, same result if i try to add a mod. Advance rocketry in this case.
Still checking all the dependencies/dependant mods... there is a lot of then for each one..90% unknown mods for me or the ftf beyond pack.

another "by the way"... :) ... sorry for my english...i know is quite terrible.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
The other option is delete the instance, re-download it, then disable one mod at a time. Start the instance. If it loads shutdown and repeat.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
I tried it with a fresh instance of Beyond and deleted the mods you listed in your first post. Minecraft loaded just fine and I was able to create a new world. Try it with a new instance and if it still doesn't work post the fml-client-latest.log from the logs folder.

M

Manuel Velasco

I tried it with a fresh instance of Beyond and deleted the mods you listed in your first post. Minecraft loaded just fine and I was able to create a new world. Try it with a new instance and if it still doesn't work post the fml-client-latest.log from the logs folder.

it worked for me as well... one by one i disabled i think 10 mods and the pack works fine with a new instance... just AE2 and AE2stuff are resisting the siege...
thanks a lot for your help.

humm.... just curious.... have you ever find an obsidian (about 9x7x9) bubble about y=45 level with a lot of iridium and platinum/shiny ore??? iridium is from IC and platinum/shiny is from TExpansion i think...first time for me and just bellow my new base... very rare ores at very high y level... and its been a few year playing MC.