Beyond and Lag

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I had some success by telling Nvidia control panel to prioritize Java. Java isn't usually used for high end graphics, so it doesn't do it automatically, but if you force its hand you can actually have your GPU run smoother. If I remember correctly, the options should be in the 3D options panel.

Reactions: erindalc

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I am using a quadcore 2.7ghz ivy bridge processor, an Nvidia 720M 2g gpu, and have 12gb ram. i could not tell you what drivers I am running. I have heard that your cpu was far more important to running minecraft than your gpu..? Perhaps that is inaccurate?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I am using a quadcore 2.7ghz ivy bridge processor, an Nvidia 720M 2g gpu, and have 12gb ram. i could not tell you what drivers I am running. I have heard that your cpu was far more important to running minecraft than your gpu..? Perhaps that is inaccurate?
This used to be true...But it is less so now. 1.8+ moved a lot of the processing to the GPU.

Reactions: Reddis