Beware the spectral bee's Reanimation effect.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Just had this happen to me today. Finally got a spectral bee to amp up my ender pearl production. Decided to preserve it's reanimation effect instead of exploration because it seemed cool. The sun was out, and I was out and about in my little apiary section breeding a healthy final strain of these spectral bees.

I first threw a zombie brain on the ground, but nothing happened. Decided to throw a bone on the ground and poof, a skeleton appeared instantly. Decided to take it out, and before I knew it, I had 5 more skeletons (thanks to my Looting III). The skeletons started burning, and I tried to kill them all to get rid of them, and before I knew it (under 10 seconds), I had 30+ skeletons that were ALL BURNING AND DYING AND REPLICATING. If daytime lasts 10 minutes and I got 30 skeles in well under 10 seconds, you do the math on what happens once I reach the 10 minute mark.

This is easily one of the fastest way to grief and bring a minecraft server to its knees regardless of its hardware in literally a few minutes. A few of these spectral bees in apiaries can result in a geometric effect of spawns that will likely crash any server if not properly controlled...

Just a heads up. Lol.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually fairly hilarious :D

I know right. Now we just need someone who has 8GB of ram on their server to test the limits of this lol.

Or a really good mob spawner?

I don't think a mob spawner would be a wise choice. Although I agree that it works 1000% better than any mob spawner, it is highly risky lol. I think it works better as an item multiplier. For example, you just got one bone left? No problem! Toss your last bone in this hole here during the day time and watch it turn into 4 stacks of bones in a matter of seconds (i.e., disable the apiary when you're done by attaching the autarchic gate to a lever, etc). LOL.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Now i have an idea. Use that, plus the spikes from Extra Utilities, and now you don't even have to wait til daytime, the mobs just keep dying and replicating and dying from the spikes, 24/7...

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I'm ...... struggling ...... to ...... not ...... throw ..... a ...... stack ...... of ...... brains...... in ...... must... not... give...in.... oooh the temptation is overwhelming .... LETS GO!!!!

IlliniJeeper

Jul 29, 2019
...while being shot by 37 skeletons...

I had a... um... slight mishap... last night with my slime grinder where my energy tesseract wouldn't accept a redstone signal to turn off and I ended up having dozens of giant slimes bouncing around my base. If you're far enough in the game to have Spectral bees, you should have invincible armor (MPS, Quantum, or otherwise).

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
I find that invincible armour makes the game dull. I enjoy the constant friçon of danger.

I second this and personally I rarely go beyond a advanced nano suit for armor as being invincible takes too much out of the game for me.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Now i have an idea. Use that, plus the spikes from Extra Utilities, and now you don't even have to wait til daytime, the mobs just keep dying and replicating and dying from the spikes, 24/7...

And crash the server lol

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla Spawners...Nah, too slow.
Shadow Dragon's Spawners...Nah, too expensive
MFR spawners...Nah, too much infrastructure needed
Bees...YES...

Reactions: Loufmier

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla Spawners...Nah, too slow.
Shadow Dragon's Spawners...Nah, too expensive
MFR spawners...Nah, too much infrastructure needed
Bees...YES...

Psst. No one tell Sengir cause he may nerf this awesome method of getting MOAR BONNEEZZZZZ.

With Looting III on a sword, I turned one 1 rotten flesh into 25 rotten fleshes in about 6 seconds. OP output even though it requires manual killing.

P.S. Just tried the spectral bee in the nether with a necrotic bone....no luck. Boooo. lol.

Reactions: dgdas9