better early game mining light source then torches?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
just wondering if theres anything that lights up more area then the torch that is easy to make in the early game?

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
None that I know of. Torches are pretty efficient.

If you're having trouble making torches, though, Tinker's Construct adds a torch that can be made from a stone rod instead of a stick.

Reactions: RedBoss

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
None that I know of. Torches are pretty efficient.

If you're having trouble making torches, though, Tinker's Construct adds a torch that can be made from a stone rod instead of a stick.

yep i know. just hoping there was something with a little more coverage

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Best is to find a rubber tree from MFR. Each logs allow you to make charcoal AND the rubber make torches. So it's like double efficiency... Of course you use cobblestone rods to make torches another double efficiency...

Torches are pretty cheap in the first place.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica 2 light spell never build a torch again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But then you need to spam them everywhere because they only have a light level of 7 or so in diminished mode, and 11 on normal mode. Ugh. They also need you to be able to walk on lava first, in the Nether, unless you get lucky enough.
As for the topic, force torches only use Dartcraft's wood and a charcoal equivalent, you get 6 per crafting instead of 4, and they emit more light than normal torches. You can also dye them or make them invisible (although you need one invisibility potion per torch).