Better Dungeons and Extra Biomes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Silas

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make the config file for Better Dungeons work with Extra Biomes XL as in make the dungeons spawn in the new biomes? The config for one dungeon looks like this:

#Biomes, put biome names separated by comma, example:
#biomes = Plains, Forest, Hell, Desert
#Will try to find the highest position to spawn, better avoid any biome with hills
#Needs at least 20 blocks underground, so it not recommended to use in biomes with height lower than 25

biomes = *

#chance define the ratio at wich the dungeon spawn, if set to 0 the dungeon will be disabled.
#The formula goes like that: every 5 chunks there is 1 between the number set to chance probabilities to spawn a dungeon.

chance = 10

Where "*" was supposed to be all biomes. It was in one of the other config files and so I tired applying it to this one. I haven't seen a single castle yet. I flew around in creavite for about 30 minutes trying to find any of the structures and didn't see one till I reached a vanilla biome.

Any ideas what to do to make the two work together?

Reactions: Tangpau

clarity

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion is to download the Hexxit mod from Technic launcher. They've done it. Then all you have to do is copy their extra biome config to the extra biome config in ftb, and you should technically get what you're looking for. Then once you see what they did, you can easily make the modifications to suit what you want.

Reactions: Tangpau