Better Barrels and Itemducts - Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

chipmafia

Jul 29, 2019
I play with the Agrarian Skies set of mods. I love it.

So, here's my plan:

I would like to place items in a "loading" chest by my front door. I would like for those items for then go through pipes to the correct better barrel.

Currently, I have tried item ducts connected to a few barrels, connected to a central loading chest. I then tried to connect pneumatic servos to the pipes, with nothing. I used a crescent wrench to make sure the pipes were oriented correctly, and nothing. Admittedly, I have no idea how a servo works. I can post pics if needed I guess.

Also, I'm very new to this, which is demonstrated by my lack of ability in talking about it correctly. I may ask lots of questions.

Thanks for your help.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I play with the Agrarian Skies set of mods. I love it.

So, here's my plan:

I would like to place items in a "loading" chest by my front door. I would like for those items for then go through pipes to the correct better barrel.

Currently, I have tried item ducts connected to a few barrels, connected to a central loading chest. I then tried to connect pneumatic servos to the pipes, with nothing. I used a crescent wrench to make sure the pipes were oriented correctly, and nothing. Admittedly, I have no idea how a servo works. I can post pics if needed I guess.

Also, I'm very new to this, which is demonstrated by my lack of ability in talking about it correctly. I may ask lots of questions.

Thanks for your help.
Could you post some screenshots? FYI, pnumatic servos enable you to extract from inventories without needing a redstone signal. You can also set filters with them.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Did you right click the connections and set them to pull without redstone signal?

chipmafia

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the basic setup, which shows what i described.

upload_2014-12-21_11-24-0.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-12-21_11-21-23.png
    upload_2014-12-21_11-21-23.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 43

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
your output needs a redstone signal. A redstone torch or lever next to it will work, but with a servo installed you can right click on the output node itself (where the red arrow is) and on the right hand side click the red tab with the redstone picture on it and select the disable option. That way it will not need a redstone signal.

chipmafia

Jul 29, 2019
Wow...it was that last step...I didn't disable the redstone. Thanks so much.

I may revisit this if I have other questions...for instance.

Will items that don't have a place go to "blank" barrels?

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Will items that don't have a place go to "blank" barrels?
Items will go to barrels without any items in them, unless you have locked the barrels (shift - right click) as empty. This is with JABBA barrels (which at this point I think can be called a successful better barrels attempt).