Best ways to get emeralds in Ultimate pack.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JohnnyX

Jul 29, 2019
What are the best ways to get emeralds without mining? I know a way with UU-Matter but isnt there a cheaper , automated way?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Trade with NPC villagers is the best way, even better than mining. Once you have 1 you can use EE to duplicate it.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
Or use tier 5 witch shard to get redstone and use the tome of alkahest to make infinite lapis, compress to lapis block, then make emerald with the tome of alkahest

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Trade with NPC villagers is the best way, even better than mining. Once you have 1 you can use EE to duplicate it.
You can craft emeralds with EE3? Huh. I thought that wasn't possible. You could also use Xeno's Reliquary and get a Tome of Alkhestry, and make emeralds with that, but it's kind of hard to craft, needing a bunch of nether stuff and a book.(even needs a wither skull!)
Costs a couple blocks of lapis to make two emeralds from one, but you shouldn't be hurting for lapis for long if you quarry a huge hill in the Twilight Forest.(if it's a big enough one you can find emeralds too!)
Heck, any decent source of lapis would do. But you'll need lots.
Also, just found another symbol pack for MystCraft, mainly adding more ores for tendrils. Actually, it's only new ores for Tendrils, but it's all kinds of useful ores, from copper to apatite to IRIDIUM, and even sheldonite for people who are too rich to mine Iridium Tendrils.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
YX33A:
I'm quite interested in that pack(mainly for copper :p), can you post a link?

And to add my 2 cents to the conversation, let's not forget emerald bees.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Also, just found another symbol pack for MystCraft, mainly adding more ores for tendrils. Actually, it's only new ores for Tendrils, but it's all kinds of useful ores, from copper to apatite to IRIDIUM, and even sheldonite for people who are too rich to mine Iridium Tendrils.

I would hope that those symbols add guaranteed, melt your face in 30 seconds, instability. Otherwise it's just creative-resources-by-mod

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
hopefully, if you used iridium tendrils, you would get *every* form of instability that exists, with no chance of stabilizing the world.

Bloodfrost

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on how much you want and how fast you want it... i would recommend using Mystcraft to try to make an Extreme Hills single Biome flat and just drop a quarry or 2 in there.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I find the simplest and most effective way to get Emeralds is to take an NPC village under your wing (set up tons of torches around it to prevent monster spawns.. use Xycraft bricks as road pavers because monsters cannot spawn on them, etc) and start breeding villagers (there are DireWolf20 episodes for this on Youtube). You'll eventually start getting villagers that will give you emeralds in exchange for books, and books are REAL easy to come back if you find MystCraft Libraries in MystCraft ages.

Plus.. books in general are just not hard to make, resource-wise.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Actually,he isn't.Pahimar made EE2, while Xeno's Reliquary is by x3n0ph0b3 :)

You are incorrect, Pahimar took over EE2 as its maintainer after x3n0ph0b3 got tired of modding. x3n0ph0b3 is the one that made both EE and EE2 and has returned to modding after a long rest to make Xeno's Reliquary.

In other words EE3 is Pahimar first mod from start to finish on his own and he is doing a amazing job at it.

Darkprince97

Jul 29, 2019
Oh,I'm really sorry about mistake.After some research it comes out you guys are right.Please excuse me, I'm fairly new to the modding scene :)

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
You are incorrect, Pahimar took over EE2 as its maintainer after x3n0ph0b3 got tired of modding. x3n0ph0b3 is the one that made both EE and EE2 and has returned to modding after a long rest to make Xeno's Reliquary.

In other words EE3 is Pahimar first mod from start to finish on his own and he is doing a amazing job at it.
Indeed... though I kinda miss that gem thing that could automatically compress cobble up to clay, iron, gold, diamonds, and eventually all the way to redmatter (which might happen if you set off a few nova cataclysms :D). Anyone remember what that was called? The Destiny Gem or GODE or something. Now that was truly properly overpowered :D :D :D