Best way to start FTB ultimate pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I assume you are playing GT hardmode, therefore here's what I would do:
Make a matter fabricator (this is pretty much the only way to make a good supply of Iridium without mining hours on end)
However this will take a little while...
Early game:
>Industrial Electrolyzer (Bauxite)
>Industrial Centrifuge (Redstone)
You will need 8 of both Chrome and Titanium
You will also need a fair amount of infrasturcture to power the above mentioned machines plus the following:
Industrial Blast Furnace (Silicon plates>Solars)
Implsion Compressor (Iridium Plate>Matter Fab)
That's all I can really remember, once you have the Matter Fab it's just powering it that's the problem (there are plenty of ways like: Lava, Solar, Etc.)

I forgot: to FIND the 4 Iridium needed either
A) set up quarryS you will eventually find four
B) get some type of silk touch device, and spelunk and find two iridium ore (then mine and macerate)

Spelunking isn't actuallly that hard (i found three ore on my last map)

To MAKE the 4 Iridium:
In the Industrial Grinder grind up ferrous ore (I think about 2 stacks)
Then centrifuge the platinum then join the iridium nuggets and BOOM Iridium Ingots

Lastly travel to the end hopping from meteor to meteor looking for sheldonite (also grind and centrifuge its products)

Hope this helps :) Please leave a like if it did :)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
What is (in your opinion) the best way to start the ultimate pack and get to all the high end goodies quickly?

Depending on your play style, cheating in stuff via NEI/creative is the "best" way.

Otherwise, you're going to need to tell us what type of stuff is "high end goodies", because the only things I can think of offhand are IC2/GregTech stuff, but there are surely others.

Reactions: Whovian

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Stop right there!
I gotta know right now!
Before we go any further--!

high end goodies quickly?

What is it with getting to the end game in the shortest possible time, sit back, relax, play the game, have fun, IT'S NOT A RACE :p

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on your play style, cheating in stuff via NEI/creative is the "best" way.

Otherwise, you're going to need to tell us what type of stuff is "high end goodies", because the only things I can think of offhand are IC2/GregTech stuff, but there are surely others.
I was assuming Q armor (and the matter fabricator really is the gateway to anything high end)
BUT if you REALLY want high end make a legit self-sustaining fusion reactor

Reactions: Guswut

MRHeavyMetal_SIR

Jul 29, 2019
Guswut: i mean all the expensive fun things that cost alot and b0bst3r: i know its not a race i just want all the high end goodies and am very impatient

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Stop right there!
I gotta know right now!
Before we go any further--!

high end goodies quickly?

What is it with getting to the end game in the shortest possible time, sit back, relax, play the game, have fun, IT'S NOT A RACE :p
Unless you're on a server :p

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I was assuming Q armor (and the matter fabricator really is the gateway to anything high end)
BUT if you REALLY want high end make a legit self-sustaining fusion reactor

Self-sustaining fusion reactor for the duck!

Guswut: i mean all the expensive fun things that cost alot and b0bst3r: i know its not a race i just want all the high end goodies and am very impatient

There are a lot of things that fit that, but for the most part, it's going to be GregTech, so yeah, build a self-sustaining fusion reactor. Then use it to build another, and keep doing that until you have two dozen fusion reactors. Then you win.

Also, don't actually do that, hahah.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
So you were talking about Q suit :p
Seriously though:
For "high-end" stuff I think of this:
Vajra
GraviChestPlate
IDSU
Full Q Suit (With Ultimate Hybrid Solar Helmet)
Fusion Reactor
And all of these things require massive amount of Iridium Plates (and unless you want to mine for HOURS for iridium ore, UUM>Iridium is the best way)