Best way to process diamonds

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WeeHeeHee

Jul 29, 2019
I have a bunch of diamond ore sitting around, but I want to get the most out of it. I have almost every method available to me, so what should I use? Also, what should I use for items such as apatite ore or coal?

aanthony3

Jul 29, 2019
You can macerate diamond and apatite or to get two of each gem. Macerating coal gives you two coal dust, so depending on what you want to use the coal or for you might have to smelt it to get a single piece of coal.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
As far as i know is the best way of processing ore to use a pickaxe with Fortune III on it.
That should give you a 120% increase in diamonds gained. Meaning you'll get 10% more then from a macerator.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it works with the diamond ore, but the full factorization setup is supposed to net you 300% yield. It's a huge workout though.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
It seems according to NEI that ore can be processed by the grinder with a droprate of 225%.
While it's not 300% it's still 2% better then the Fortune III pickaxe and a LOT easier to obatain :p