best way to get rid of flux

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Do MFR grinders kill wisps? Might be a solution for a 'box' full of wisps.

or coating the inside with iron spikes or the like. Wisps generally don't bother me much. There's a block that collects up all the trades for a village into one interface (forget what it's called), so I just stuff all my villagers into a breeding building. It's the thaum-caused rain that drives me batty. So I usually just absorb all the nearby nodes into a massive pure node (that's quite a chore, but worth it to me). Force mitts are great amazing for getting saplings from silverwood trees; which makes it very easy to build a huge pure node.

jorty

Jul 29, 2019

I usually box it up with quicksand (from either biomes 'o' plenty or extra biomes) bisecting the top half of the node, wisps spawn in the quicksand and suffocate and then I have a wooden golem pick up the shards and put them into my system.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I would actually NOT recommend sealing up the node to prevent spawns.
The trick is to not box it up too tight. If there's enough space the wisps still spawn, but they stay contained in the box until they despawn. Thay way the flux still goes down but it's safer to be in the area

Seraph is correct you actual want a box with space in the middle. This allows them to spawn but not get out and bother you. Also if you want to from those wisps you can also build a sort of mini mob grinder around your node if you like for free wispy essence.

To be honest the best thing you can do is box your node up that will remove wisps as being a issue just make sure you have space in side your box for the wisps to spawn otherwise they get pushed out. Getting a purse node is helpful but be careful the act of growing a silverwood tree itself creates some flux so go slow with that.

Reactions: Seraph089

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming the OP is using a more recent version of thaumcraft than whats in ultimate 1.1.2 if wisps are attacking villagers and non-combat golems. It might be worth it if he invests in goggles of revealing to see just what kind of node is causing all this trouble, and what kind of wisps are spawning.

Furthermore, if you're doing thaumcraft stuff (like making things and using a lot of vis) it might be worth it to stop for a while and check what the vis levels are like in the node network around your base, not just the node causing you problems. its possible flux is being caused by the nodes continually having to resupply each other with vis, as well.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I actually went ahead and prepared my thaumcraft area before I got started. I went about a hundred and fifty blocks from my main base, built my wizard's tower along the side of a river, to the point where the river was my infinite spring, built the tower out of several different materials for research bonuses, then went hunting for Silverwood Saplings. Found 5 after another thousand blocks of searching. Then I planted them, and left the tower alone until they grew. By the time I was ready to start, I had four different nodes, three of them pure to draw from around my tower. Never had problems with wisps. Of course, this was back in Ultimate, but it worked.

hermos

Jul 29, 2019
I usually try to do my TC stuff in a separate dimension. Sort of a "Not In My Backyard" policy.

Don't Chaos Nodes produce flux as well? Are they as bad as Dark Nodes?

i do my thaumcrafting stuff in an age too
but there are a problem with the node that are in the overworld which is causing me problems
at first it was high
then it increased to dangerous and is producing a crazy amount of wisps and not dropping down
my villagears are all dead and my little golems almost died so i had to remove all of them
i really need that pure bee
why is the flux increasing?[DOUBLEPOST=1378159189][/DOUBLEPOST]

good idea except that it will look ugly
and am kinda trying to build a nice village[DOUBLEPOST=1378159426][/DOUBLEPOST]
If it's just the wisps you're worried about, you can encase the node that's spawning them with glass to keep them contained. The wisps spawning is what's going to clear up the flux, but it takes a while. Pure nodes from silverwoods help too, but they're also slow.

the flux is increasing for some reason
i have boxed it in and its increasing
am not doing any thaumcraft stuff
why is it increasing?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
the flux is increasing for some reason
i have boxed it in and its increasing
am not doing any thaumcraft stuff
why is it increasing?

Do you have Repair enchant on anything? I have it on my main pick and shovel, end up draining lots of aura wherever I'm working.

Reactions: PierceSG