Best tech modpack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
InfiTech2, because GregTech is the greatest tech mod ever. Jason McRay has done a wonderful job with eliminating as many recipe "exploits" as possible, meaning it is truly a hard-mode type of pack, but it is not at all unfair or cruel. There's no infinite water, for instance, however you can use the Railcraft Water Tank or once you achieve machines then you can make the Reservoir for all your water needs. Hard, but fair, a perfect example. BloodAsp also gets a huge credit for taking the unfinished "GregTech v5" mod and with the permission of the mod author, adding to it and making it as complete as possible, calling it "GregTech 5 Unofficial". It is simply wonderful, he even added fusion reactors as the end-game goal (which every pack should have, an end-game goal, but many do not).

Finally, in case you don't know, GregTech uses an entirely unique and (in my opinion) very realistic ore generation. There's not just the 6 basic vanilla ores found in every modpack, oh no... GregTech has probably 100 ores to find (no easy task!!), to mine, and to process in various ways and combinations.

That's my opinion, since you asked. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dentvar

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
In my opinion the "best" pack of any variety is one you build yourself. The reason for this is that the term "best" is purely subjective for each person, meaning you have to define what "best" is before anyone can answer... Once you do that all you have to do is put mods together in a pack to meet your specifications, which is much easier these days than in the past.