Best source for power in this pack?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, good call on the cursed earth farm. Mob essence + gunpowder in a reactant dynamo should do the trick. Should have remembered that from Crash Landing.
I forgot about those generators, that would make use of the things that the culinary gen doesn't cover.
That being said, we don't know the pack OP is using, so we don't know if they have Factorization. Maybe if Liquid Exp from ExtUtils works in a similar fashion then maybe.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot about those generators, that would make use of the things that the culinary gen doesn't cover.
That being said, we don't know the pack OP is using, so we don't know if they have Factorization. Maybe if Liquid Exp from ExtUtils works in a similar fashion then maybe.
I'm a derp, I forgot they don't have MFR. Liquid XP doesn't work, the closest thing to sustainable would be destabilized redstone. Which, if they went that route, the XU redstone generator might be superior.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
You could always just use the TNT generator. If you use TNT you get 96k RF per gunpowder (minus some for whatever cobble->sand machine and autocrafter you use) compared to the Reactant Dynamo's 160k but no liquid is required. You could also just use gunpowder directly but then you only get 32k.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You could always just use the TNT generator. If you use TNT you get 96k RF per gunpowder (minus some for whatever cobble->sand machine and autocrafter you use) compared to the Reactant Dynamo's 160k but no liquid is required. You could also just use gunpowder directly but then you only get 32k.

But doesn't that create a danger zone around the generator with random explosion?

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
But doesn't that create a danger zone around the generator with random explosion?

As long as you don't go AFK next to it or put it in the one place you spend the most time in you'll be fine. The explosions are quite weak. If it happens to spawn an explosion right under you it's like 3 hearts, and I'm testing unarmoured.

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
So wait? is this a custom modpack or something becasue it's a little hard to answer this question effectively without knowing any other potential mods in your pack? Sure you could go lava gen but you will eventually find it runs out, which is probably why your admin hasn't nerfed that too. It's either that or an oversight regarding lava power.

Wow but out of the selection of mods you listed, I am struggling to figure out a reliable source of RF you could use. Lava seems like your only option untill you and other players drink all the nearby sources in the nether dry. Anything that uses crops seems out of the question too, at least for a sustained perpetual system.
Has the admin messed with ExtUtils? You might be able to make a cursed earth grinder that steadily feeds a cullinary gen with rotten flesh.
the mods i listed are the only one tech mods. everything else is stuff like, tinkers, thaumcraft, thaumic tinkerer, mods that empower mobs, decoration mods and pams harvestcraft.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
pams harvestcraft.

In that case, if you decide to go with a spawner you can add salt to the zombie flesh to get about 9 times the RF per piece. Salt is just water + a pot so it's trivial to do with aqueous accumulator + cyclic assembler. If you left out any magic mod that lets you convert flesh to leather you can make yogurt instead for over 4x as much RF per flesh (compared to jerky).
Also, have you tried lamps of growth to see if they make farming viable?

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
In that case, if you decide to go with a spawner you can add salt to the zombie flesh to get about 9 times the RF per piece. Salt is just water + a pot so it's trivial to do with aqueous accumulator + cyclic assembler. If you left out any magic mod that lets you convert flesh to leather you can make yogurt instead for over 4x as much RF per flesh (compared to jerky).
Also, have you tried lamps of growth to see if they make farming viable?

I havent gotten lamps yet for Thaumcraft. I just got to building my infusion altar. been working on getting an ender io infrastructure set up. Im sure they will grow crops faster, but i dont think it will make noticeable difference in the trees. But for all i know its been altered as well. The fertilized dirt from Random Things was completely disabled.

I do have cursed earth. Should i use that or a powered spawner for zombies, and what would be best to kill them. i think i have at my disposal, killer joes(requires a liquid though), golems, conveyor or iron spikes.

i could do cursed earth with an attraction obelisk into iron spikes.

With this pack 9 zombie flesh in a crafting table makes 1 leather. but milk isnt easy to get quickly.

Last edited:

Zoomg

Jul 29, 2019
unfortunately i dont have the set up to make Tesseracts or Transceivers to get the lava to the overworld. And I dont have ender tanks. I guess I could make liquid tansposers. have one on the nether filling buckets with lava, then pipe them to a chest on a hopper above a thaumcraft mirror. drop the buckets into the overworld where a golem will pick them up and put them into another chest piping the buckets into another liquid transposer, which will transfer the lava into tanks. Then just reverse the process to get the buckets back into the nether.

You can use ender tanks, one by the pump and one by your generators