Best Non-lava power source for FTB pack Unleashed

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Completely agree. Forestry has a steep intro curve and is a slow climb, but if you're patient and breed your trees and bees, you will be rewarded in the end.

The high-end saplings, for instance, are a whopping 6x more efficient (productive) than the vanilla saplings. Heck, even the Tier 2 trees you get my cross-breeding a vanilla Oak with a vanilla Birch are 2x more efficient. A high-end Forestry farm will produce more energy via saplings than charcoal.

To get started, build 1 Apiary, plant 1 Oak and 1 Birch, wait a few MC days/weeks, and use a grafter on the different-looking leaves. You should get a Tier 2 tree. That alone will result in 2x more Biomass per sapling vs. Oak saplings.[DOUBLEPOST=1377122667][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was talking more about charcoal actually. Forestry farms don't come close to the wood output.

Aye. MFR is wood on crack.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
The next big question is, what happens when FTB updates?
its not for me to know. you can ask mod`s author if there is further support.

Thing is that mod is not an official addon from PC nor is it adopted into FTB Unleashed and therefore the server I'm playing on isn't keen on updating the mods and then asking the players to do the same as well.

that`s why i said "no isn`t big". it`s still not "yes", yet?

Reactions: PierceSG

Revamp1984

Jul 29, 2019
Rite, so I ve tried this thing, and the server will just not boot up, maybe its a Unleashed 1.1.3 thing, cuz others got it to work
and its NOT a client mod, so Pierce, you don't need the players to update

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
If you can grow force trees as the speed of regular trees with that mod doesn't it kinda break the power generation thing? I mean, atleast boilers are balanced somewhat by their cost in steel (270 steel ingots for a 36HP + engines), force engines are dirt cheap.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
@Loufmier: Yeah, I get you. @Hydra: I do not know about everyone else but I'm kind of in love with the steam boilers. In my SSP with this mod addon, with a huge tank of liquid force, I'm still using my steam boilers fuel by charcoal from my jungle tree MFR farm. I am using the liquid mainly for force ingot creation and decorative purposes. I have yet build a force engine, so I do not know it's awesomeness yet. :([DOUBLEPOST=1377168665][/DOUBLEPOST]
Rite, so I ve tried this thing, and the server will just not boot up, maybe its a Unleashed 1.1.3 thing, cuz others got it to work
and its NOT a client mod, so Pierce, you don't need the players to update

Glad to know, maybe I will go bug my host about it. :p

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
@Loufmier: Yeah, I get you. @Hydra: I do not know about everyone else but I'm kind of in love with the steam boilers. In my SSP with this mod addon, with a huge tank of liquid force, I'm still using my steam boilers fuel by charcoal from my jungle tree MFR farm. I am using the liquid mainly for force ingot creation and decorative purposes. I have yet build a force engine, so I do not know it's awesomeness yet. :(

I don't really think they're awesome. In fact; they're kind anti-awesome because the only reason they're there is to get people to use Dartcraft. And IMHO for their ease of use they're pretty broken. Quarries dig up more force-crystals than it takes to power them.

I'm getting the feeling Dartcraft is one of those mods that just gives a twist to existing ideas that's slightly different and a lot cheaper.

So for me it's boilers all the way too.