Best Non-lava power source for FTB pack Unleashed

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

2122000nrm

Jul 29, 2019
So my server, Fusion-craft.org, recently changed from Ultimate Pack to the Unleashed Pack. I really liked Gregtech because I could come up with creative power source ideas. Being more of an IC2 person, I face more challenges because of Gregtech being removed. Anyone have any ideas that produce a lot of energy?

(Note that "cheaty" is Lava from the nether, scaffolds?)
The two main mods that were removed was Gregtech and RP2.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Well lava crystals from Tinkers Construct can produce quite a bit of energy in a standard generator, 66k each, but of course the generator will only crank out 10 EU/tick, but they're kind of expensive, four fire charges, four blaze rods, and a bucket of lava, blocks of coal coke will also produce quite a bit in a standard generator and are cheap to produce, though time consuming due to how slow a coke oven works, a nuclear reactor is your best choice for pure power output provided you can build one that won't turn your base into a crater.

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
Use Steve's carts to make a tree farm (or any mod that allows for tree farms) and smelt the logs into charcoal using electric furnaces. Then you can use the charcoal in generators. You might want multiple generators.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
railcraft steam boilers, use industrious engine for mj, & turbine to make 200eu pt, solid fuel boilers can be fueled with wood/charcoal/coal/blaze rods/etc, liquid fuels can use oil refined & unrefined, biogas that now called ethanol.

There are lots of other ways for eu like reactors, lava based power grids (note ask admin first, liquids can be a big cause of lag), I take it that your a GT fan so not really used mj or you would know about the above already, dartcraft can produce way too much mj way to easy, so I'll just say its an option & leave it for you to find out.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
sadly, solars.

boilers with turbines are also good option, but they require some thought behind fuel supply.

one wants to believe that nuclear reactor should be best, but they are rather lame, which is a shame.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
a 6 chamber, well laid out fission reactor would be your best bet in this case, or large banks of ultimate solars. (BOO!!)
36HP boilers running turbines is a third option you can go for.

now, you CAN add gregtech to unleashed, but theres a few conflicts to work out. go here for that: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/unleashed-with-gregtech-id-conflict.27060/ see if you can get everyone else to add it in. you can disable some of the insane recipies.

on a side note, ive also disabled everything above advanced solar panels to encourage myself to branch out.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
There are no power converters in Unleashed.
There's not? wonder why...
And you could always use the magma crucible - geotherator trick.
Or, if you want easier methods, use electrical engines. One of the tubes makes them perfectly efficient but i don't remember which...

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
There's not? wonder why...
And you could always use the magma crucible - geotherator trick.
Or, if you want easier methods, use electrical engines. One of the tubes makes them perfectly efficient but i don't remember which...

That goes from MJ to EU. This person has EU and wants MJ.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Spend the time to edit GT in, offer the modpack out to FTB, get famous. Saves me the trouble of doing the IDs.

Win-win?

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Smelt all the wood from a good sized mfr tree farm into charcoal and use it to power TE steam engines, boilers, or generators if you want straight to EU power source. I think one guy said he had 25 36-hp boilers running off the charcoal from an emerald size tree farm chopping down redwood trees from ebxl. That's a bit of an extreme example but it shows how much power you can get out of a good mfr farm.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Or setup a Steves Cart treecutter with Exotic Trees and have it farm Force Trees to smelt into Golden Power Sources. :D