Best Modpacks

NickoGreeks

Jul 29, 2019
What are the best modpacks in FTB right now in your opinion and why? Also, My friend and I want to try some but his computer gets screwed up on big ones. Direwolf and Monsters crashed for him, Horizons work though. Any good modpacks around that range and for what major mods do they contain that others don't?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently enjoying my break from the tech mods, playing around with the new magic mods in Magic World 2.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
The best modpack is the modpack you design yourself.
WHat he said.

And unless you are planning to play on servers hosted by others, a self made pack would suit you the best since you can tailor it to suit your needs. Even for a small SMP server hosted by yourself and for friends only would also be best served by a customized pack.

NickoGreeks

Jul 29, 2019
I like experiencing new, groundbreaking mods. I do like my tech and Twilight Forest or mystcraft(Or something alike to that). The computer problem is no longer a problem for my friend (got a new comp). Also, I like the rotary macerator and other tier 2 machines. It makes life a lot easier and it's a turnoff when those are witheld. I'm not too fond of gregtech either; I guess you can say I'm lazy but I rather explore and expand. I mean, I like to see what people have to say about their favorites and why, so I can use my own judgement to see what would fit best for me. Then again, it is also fun to see what others have to say.

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I like experiencing new, groundbreaking mods.
I'm not talking about modpacks now, but have you tried RotaryCraft? Its hell of a complicated energy system but it may be fun at times. Its energy system supports other mods as well.
Also its one of those nice mods which add books that explain everything.
P.S.Automatic TNT cannons and Fireball launcher;)