Best Minecraft mods for Minecraft 1.8.7

blinkofaneye

Jul 29, 2019
What are your favorite Minecraft mods that are currently available for 1.8.7?

Mine are:

Minecraft comes alive
Mo'creatures.
OptiFine HD
Custom NPC

Link removed. Shady site, please link to mod author pages

Last edited by a moderator:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Soon as thaumcraft, all of its addons and a few techmods (a random selection they all tend to be the same. I'd even tolerate BC pipes as item transport) get released. I am not even thinking about the jump.
I'm also going to go out on a limb here and assume a lot of others feel the same.

But in this case, I actually really would like to be wrong. Maybe some GOOD mods have been made or ported over that I don't know about.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Tbsc

Jul 29, 2019
Soon as thaumcraft, all of its addons and a few techmods (a random selection they all tend to be the same. I'd even tolerate BC pipes as item transport) get released. I am not even thinking about the jump.
I'm also going to go out on a limb here and assume a lot of others feel the same.

But in this case, I actually really would like to be wrong. Maybe some GOOD mods have been made or ported over that I don't know about.

I don't know what mods will be ported, but I know for sure that team cofh's mods won't be updated to 1.8.

Reactions: King Lemming

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019

I agree with you completely. Fact of the matter is that 1.8.7 is at the moment a giant leap backwards in a lot of ways. I mean just an absolutely colossal mis-step from Mojang. EnumFacing is in many ways a copy of a Forge class (ForgeDirection), except poorly thought out. BlockPos replaces the standard x, y, z that most functions use, and as a result the garbage collection is through the roof.

The shift to block states isn't terrible in itself, but linking it so directly to rendering is a bit of a disaster. Forge thankfully has workarounds for that, but it won't be nearly as elegant as it is in 1.7.10.

Realistically, we're in a pretty good era of modded MC. There's no sense in making the jump before 1.9 comes out.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
And correct me if I am wrong but FastCraft has already given us some of the performance enhancing stuff from 1.8. Anyway.
Only thing we don't have are little bunnies and banners... ohh wait yes we do.

Rongmario

Jul 29, 2019

Looking at the state of the versions, I think 1.9 would be the place to go, they won't update massively onto 1.8, maybe ports but thats it.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the state of the versions, I think 1.9 would be the place to go, they won't update massively onto 1.8, maybe ports but thats it.
I agree with this. 1.9 is much better option for mod devs to go to, because honestly 1.8 is just a mess right now, and with 1.9 a lot more interesting it's a better version to move to.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
What u guys are meaning is We will stay with 1.7.10 about one More year or so?

Well allowing for 1.9 to be released. Followed by MCP update ⇨ Forge update ⇨ Stable Forge.API ⇨ Major mod update cycle begins ⇨ pack dev/release cycle ⇨ FTB stable pack release.
I'd say Feb/March 2016 is a safe bet here.​

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
So we are at the first step of 1.9 history of modding yesterday the first snapshot modded 1.9 Your beginning