Best Melee Weapon (Damage) in Monster

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the TF swords. They are fairly cheap, and do a good amount of damage, with special perks:
Fiery Sword == 8 damage + Fire Aspect 1
Ironwood Sword == 6 Damage + Knockback 1
Steeleaf Sword == 7 Damage + Looting 2
Knightly Sword == 7 Damage + extra damage to armored targets

BigFriendlyJakey

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got Tinkers Construct;

Make a Cleaver with two paper tough rods, and the rest Manullym.
Add a diamond and gold block, and nether star; 7 modifiers.
Moss, them the rest quartz.

... 35 damage... wear exo armor with either quartz (extra damage added) or diamond (extra damage percentage)

You can get close to 1 hitting a Wither Boss...

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Why do people get so hung up on damage amount? If I have to swing my weapon a second time, or even a third time, its really not a big deal.

My only goal for a weapon is to get Looting III on it as soon as possible... so that when I DO kill a mob like an enderman, I get extra pearl drops. That's what's important to me - the drops - not the kill.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
well, some people just don't want to click more than they want to.
And some people don't like wasting time, getting shot by skeletons any more than necessary, and having creepers explode after surviving the first hit, even though they're too far away to damage anything but the landscape.

Some people also like to 3-hit (IIRC; it's been a while) the wither. :)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got Tinkers Construct;

Make a Cleaver with two paper tough rods, and the rest Manullym.
Add a diamond and gold block, and nether star; 7 modifiers.
Moss, them the rest quartz.

... 35 damage... wear exo armor with either quartz (extra damage added) or diamond (extra damage percentage)

You can get close to 1 hitting a Wither Boss...

Don't forget a dimond block and notch apple gets you another modifier.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
And some people don't like wasting time, getting shot by skeletons any more than necessary, and having creepers explode after surviving the first hit, even though they're too far away to damage anything but the landscape.

Some people also like to 3-hit (IIRC; it's been a while) the wither. :)
A weapon capable of one shotting creepers was an early goal for me. Cleaver does the job.
Creeper Damage is easy to mitigte and/or prevent, even if you have trouble taking them down in one hit. I mean, I have a TC Enchantment(has to be researched, though. *Shake Fist*) that can muck up their exploding ability... and it's not far behind Infusion Enchanting!(that is, once I have my infusion altar it's not long after that that I have the ability to use this enchantment)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Creeper Damage is easy to mitigte and/or prevent, even if you have trouble taking them down in one hit. I mean, I have a TC Enchantment(has to be researched, though. *Shake Fist*) that can muck up their exploding ability... and it's not far behind Infusion Enchanting!(that is, once I have my infusion altar it's not long after that that I have the ability to use this enchantment)
There's a dartcraft option for that to. A couple in fact.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
There's a dartcraft option for that to. A couple in fact.
Plenty of ways to prevent creepers from 'sploding all over the place. DartCraft's option is thankfully kinda early in it too(IIRC).
But somehow I prefer the idea of having a chameleon sword for fighting specific types of foes, y'know?

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
A better idea would be a cat sword. Make those creepers run from you.
nah. KILL!!!!

haven't tested yet, but can the bedrock sword be enchanted further?
even fire aspect 1 would be enough to finish off most monsters and that pitiful 1 HP remaining)

@StatanicSanta looking at the TF weapons, the seem mid-gameish to me.
decent, but not spectacular. at least you find plenty.

what would peoples pick for the most unique melee weapon (or item pressed into service as a weapon) be?
how many monsters have you killed with a piece of dirt/cobble? a fencepost? (though I think that should actually get +1/2 attack)
lava bucket? (bonus points if you killed yourself with it instead :p )

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
A better idea would be a cat sword. Make those creepers run from you.
There are options like this, but really, they're less fun IMO.
nah. KILL!!!!

even fire aspect 1 would be enough to finish off most monsters and that pitiful 1 HP remaining)

what would peoples pick for the most unique melee weapon (or item pressed into service as a weapon) be?
how many monsters have you killed with a piece of dirt/cobble? a fencepost? (though I think that should actually get +1/2 attack)
Most Unique weapon, eh? I'm gonna guess that by your examples that you don't think too highly of a well enchanted sword with three attack modes(no, not a KAMI sword, though I may will make it as tough as a ichor sword when I can).

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
nah. KILL!!!!

I liked the idea of every weapon having a attack level based on EMC. But also having that percentage to break. And you would have to have a number of them equal to the total damage-ECM/100 to have any effect. Want to use that 1000 damage ultamat solar to kill something. Sure go ahead. But it will destroy 10 of them.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I liked the idea of every weapon having a attack level based on EMC. But also having that percentage to break. And you would have to have a number of them equal to the total damage-ECM/100 to have any effect. Want to use that 1000 damage ultamat solar to kill something. Sure go ahead. But it will destroy 10 of them.
This would actually be a cool mod, IMO. Bit OP with some items, but still very cool.