Best Magic Farm food sources?

BadKnightLv01

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Magic Farm mod pack and of course I'm constantly starving.

I'm trying to plant tons of random crops but they take FOREVER to grow, I've been afk for four game days and hardly anything has grown.

Anyway, what are your guys' preferred food sources? I'm talking early/mid/end game stuff.

Thanks!

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
zombie Jerky and Fishsticks early game, bacon mushroom cheeseburgers mid game, pizza late game.

BadKnightLv01

Jul 29, 2019
zombie Jerky and Fishsticks early game, bacon mushroom cheeseburgers mid game, pizza late game.

Awesome thanks, I've been using a lot of zombie jerky early game but I was wondering if there was anything even better than that :p
Good tips, making fish useful for once

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I've also been relying on fishsticks a lot from the start in my Magic Farm playthrough... but I got lucky and a zombie I killed early on dropped a potato. Together with the omnipresent rock salt, that allowed me to make fries and upgrade my fishsticks to fish & chips (yum). They're quite good, offering four shanks of food restoration and a high saturation value - all without needing a scrap of iron for advanced cooking ware.

If you can find either snow or sugarcane near your spawn point, then making a juicer and producing slushies and fruit juices out of the random berries you find instead of eating them directly is a great stopgap measure to extend your meager supplies in the first night or two until you get something renewable planted/set up.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
stuffed peppers or better yet stuffed eggplant, both use minimal ingredients. Great for early/mid game

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
as for slow growing plants, trick is to make a watering can with that very first bonemeal
really handy those

Reactions: PierceSG