Best food source?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Must say that for me the food source it self doesn't really matter. As soon as I am able I craft myself a Quantum helmet(the first part of the set I make) and start making Canned food. Keep 1 stack of canned food in my inventory and half a stack in my tool enderpouch. Empty cans get enderpouched back home and automatically filled and returned to tool enderpouch. Canning machine just draws on what ever food is available.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure this has been said but I got a cow spawner t5 dropping to there death and then meat goes in induction furnace got 69k cooked steak in a day and 47k leather which is a nice bonus :)

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure this has been said but I got a cow spawner t5 dropping to there death and then meat goes in induction furnace got 69k cooked steak in a day and 47k leather which is a nice bonus :)

You could increase performance and energy consumption by making the cows catch fire on the way down. This will make them drop cooked meat isntead.

Fe2O3

Jul 29, 2019
5 igneus extruders (could probably do with 4, or maybe even 3), feeding 3 recyclers cobble (power with 9 solars + 5 bat boxes runs all night + rain buffer), feeding 1 automated assembly table, feeding 1 autonomous (sp?) activator, output on conveyor, into a hopper, into a chest, pull out of chest with gate or wooden pipe + redstone engine, filter foods from output (bread, cake, bacon, beef, apples)

Oh wait, you wanted easy :/

MFR grinder + autospawner + redstone furnace + animal of choice (requires a mob trap to generate essence)

Or just a MFR planter + havester with large range upgrades, fence off the farm!!! -> auto crafting bench -> redstone furnace