Bees to do list (Gendustry)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I´m now more or less done with the basic infrastructure in my Infinity world and now I´m trying to get the most “basic” materials atomized. On my list for now there is Quartz, Ink, Glowstone.
I will make use of the bees for first time in my life. So once I got this running I will be able to do the same with other resourced later on.
My big problem now is that I´m not a fan of how they work. Gendustry is great since it make it already a lot faster than it would go with Forestry but still it takes a lot of time given I have around 1-2 hours’ time per day to play.
So I want to make sure I got everything planned in the forehand.

Let’s see if you can give me a guideline of what machines to setup and what bees to breed first.

My list so far:

Crafted all the Genustry machines now I think I need some forestry machines (centrifuge, carpenter)
Next I assume I have to get straight to the Bee species that gives me the item I want to have right?
RoyalJelly is not necessary if working with gendustry is it? Industrial Apiary can be used for the production later on right?
Apart of the species I need I also have to get samples of the best traits. Therefore I will search a a spreedsheat of what bees I need for this. No problem

Anything I´m forgetting?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I would use the industrial apiary right from the get-go, as you can put more speed upgrades in it, than you could with forestry (when you are in the early stages) and what you really should have:

mutatron (the advanced is obviously better) placed next to a mutagen producer (just to put the mutagen in the mutatron) -- I think it's called a mutatron (the one that does the bee "breeding")
Then you will need a squeezer, and a carpenter just to make the beealyzer.
Other than that, it's vanilla forestry, but with less RNG rage :p

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
But I still have to wait everytime I get a new species that some bees are produced to get the samples and all right? :(

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
But I still have to wait everytime I get a new species that some bees are produced to get the samples and all right? :(
One tip is that the genetic sampler is intelligent about what the slots can contain and what to export. This means that you can connect a (diamond)chest using some Ender IO item conduit set to in / out on both sides. Then just add an extra stack each of genetics labware and blank gene samples, and about 16 bees of any species you have. It will then automatically process all of them and put the gene samples in the chest.

This means you can get the species samples (which typically is what you want) without baby sitting the process.

Reactions: Dentvar

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean?

If you mean so that you can get serums, and stuff, so you can have a long-life, fast working, etc. bee... No, not really. There is a machine in gendustry which does that too

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean?

If you mean so that you can get serums, and stuff, so you can have a long-life, fast working, etc. bee... No, not really. There is a machine in gendustry which does that too

yes that was what I ment. But even with the machine I still need 16+ Bees to get tall the good traits. since its RNG

I will combine it with TC I can do stuff in the meanwhile. maybe it is not as bad as I´m thinking about atm. :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
yes that was what I ment. But even with the machine I still need 16+ Bees to get tall the good traits. since its RNG

I will combine it with TC I can do stuff in the meanwhile. maybe it is not as bad as I´m thinking about atm. :)
Gendustry makes bees a lot more bearable. It's still a bit on an RNG game, but only when it comes to the genetics bit :)

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Create a template with "fertility x4" and "no effect" as soon as you can and then simply overwrite those traits on both princess and drone. Also, use the life span reducing upgrades. This will quickly build up a stockpile of newly created species, which then can be put in the "sampler chest".

Overwriting genes on a queen is possible, but will lead to traits being unstable for some generations.

Reactions: Dentvar

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Create a template with "fertility x4" and "no effect" as soon as you can and then simply overwrite those traits on both princess and drone. Also, use the life span reducing upgrades. This will quickly build up a stockpile of newly created species, which then can be put in the "sampler chest".

Overwriting genes on a queen is possible, but will lead to traits being unstable for some generations.

So easy and logical that this was not able to fit in my head. I still think about all this AE2 subnetwork interface storage shit. :) thx mate!