Bee Questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Andrew71633

Jul 29, 2019
I have several questions about the Extra Bees mod. First of all, how do you get the stone bee? I want to get the tin and copper bees and to do that, I need to get the stone bee. However, no matter how many times I try I just can't get it for some reason. I know that you need to mix rocky with common to get stone and I've done that around 20 times now with no success. I've tried using both rocky and common princesses (though I've heard you have to use a rocky princess) and I've tried breeding them in a cave. Is there a specific biome required? I've always been breeding them in the Birch Forest biome though both the database and the habitat locator say that common and rocky bees can work in forest biomes.

Also, I've heard about platinum and diamond bees. Are they real and what bees do I have to mix to get them?

Finally, around how many bees does the sequencer require before getting a species' template and is the template destroyed after one use in splicer?

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
1/ Have you tried soul frames? I really need to get into breeding myself, so I can't give you an answer for this one.

2/ The breeding doesn't need the princess to be Rocky and the drone Common, the reverse also works. If you have the right species, it doesn't matter which is the drone and which is the princess.

3/ There are very few bees that actually need a specific biome to appear, and non of the "common" ones need such a thing, as far as I know.

4/ If you watch GenericB videos on Mindcrack FTB server, you will see that he indeed got a platinum bee recently. the high tier bees like those are very hard to get, with low percentage, and you can use a nether star in an alriary to make the chance of mutation 100%, if you can afford it.

5/ The only answer I can give that is actually any good (sorry...) is about the sequencer. It is a basic machine that is being phased out, and can't do templates of anything but bees directly from the hives. Not quite useful.
You might want to try the high tier machines that runs on liquid DNA to extract various traits (species is one of them), and give those traits to other bees.

Andrew71633

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried soul frames but I still haven't got a stone bee. And what high tier machines are there? I've seen the extra bees mod forum post and I only know about the machines mentioned tehre (sequencer, acclamatiser, splicer...)

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Extra bees spotlight >

Each "tier" has a different color on the vertical borders (grey/stone, brown/copper and yellow/gold)

The isolator is the machine that extracts aspects of a bee, and basically nearly every of the gold tier are used in the process.

I would advise that you go in a test world and give yourself those out of creative, alongside with some Nova frames, apiaries, bees and an imprinter (cheat item to make a bee into a specific species, for testing only).
Or even an alviary with a Mutator and nether stars, to test the mutations.

That way, you can test that you have the right bee combinations, as well as figure out what the machines are and how you can make them work together.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Stone Bee doesn't use common, but another bee. Which one is part of the spoiler.
For the platinum and diamond bee:
Bees from Forestry are assumed to be known by you.

Platinum Comb from Valuable Bee:
Glittering + Ender = Valuable
Resolute + Noble = Glittering
Corroded + Tarnished = Resolute
Resilient + Cultivated = Corroded
Resilient + Cultivated = Tarnished
Stone + Hardy = Resilient
Rocky + Stone = Hardy
Rocky + Diligent = Stone

Diamond Comb from Diamond Bee:
Sapphire + Imperial = Diamond
Emerald + Ocean = Sapphire
Water + Common = Ocean
Lapis + Noble = Emerald
Resilient + Water = Lapis

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
Rocky + Common = Stone
Stone + Rocky = Hardy
Hardy + Rocky = Resiliant
Resiliant is the "Main" Bee in most Ore Path.

But there is 1 Big Problem in Breeding all of this Bees! The Fertility is 1 and that lowers the Chance of Mutation enormous. Furthermore it has a High Chance that when you Actually has a hybrid Bee, to lose this Trait Again. :(

I done this in a really Bad way, but it was fast. I Set 5 Apiary up and Put the 1. Bees in and with Soul frames, i Breed them until a got a Resiliant Hybrid. Then i Breed this Hybrid with a Fertility 4 Bee and hoped that i have Luck! It took quit some Time, but when you have a Resiliant Princess + Drone you need to give him the Fertility 4 Trait with Extra Bees Machines. (It is Hard to Breed them the Trait on!)

After you have Max Fertility Resilant Bees, you can throw those Drone together with any Princesses until it became the same Bee.

Edit: Oh i see the Poster before me posted a Combination too. But What i Posted worked for me and you can look this up here too:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgYOUdPlRXN-dHpUbUlQaVVEdW8yN2RWbnZWbENBMlE#gid=0