BedCraftGP - [*Fix 95% off ALL griefing*] ~Ultimate ~Unleashed

darkdeath1332

Jul 29, 2019
You are ignorate as hell there. Hop on my server and try to dupe you will find that I have them fixed (only 2 which are not and I just have a small workaround that makes them do nothing while I work on the real fix). Part is you cant touch alot of it from bukkit side as I tried as a quick fix when 1.0.1 came out before I just made the bytecode patches. Mods follow forge's API and some do alot of their own storage/memory management so there is no real access unless you try to hack into it with an NBT editor api but that kind of editing usally leads to more issues then solves.

Yours is illegal, you touched there code. Thats what makes them mad.

My plugin runs fine and does NOT make any issues

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Yours is illegal, you touched there code. Thats what makes them mad.

My plugin runs fine and does NOT make any issues

Mine is illegal if I give it out (which if you read my post you would of seen I said that) and I have not given it out.

Now trying to make money of someone else's mistake that is just rude.

Edit: 8. No buy selling or unsolicited advertising of items or services on the forums.

darkdeath1332

Jul 29, 2019
Mine is illegal if I give it out (which if you read my post you would of seen I said that) and I have not given it out.

Its a mistake, but since the owner of ftb-ultimate took my credits im not planning to make anything public at all. Even he said he edited it I have tested it. I know my english sucks so that how I found out he still uses just the downloaded version.

All he did is edit the plugin.yml and named it PreyuFixes, I could as some dude on his server for the items what it fixes and (Yes he sells creative) I could not grief. The message was event without a spacebar [BD]Message If he would really edit it he would changed that.

BTW to fix that, put a space in the config before the message.[DOUBLEPOST=1373619293][/DOUBLEPOST]

Edit: 8. No buy selling or unsolicited advertising of items or services on the forums.

Ok ill change it, if you want it you must have donated on my other plugin.[DOUBLEPOST=1373619338][DOUBLEPOST=1373619503][/DOUBLEPOST]Post deleted, against the rules.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Random question how you find out he was using it? Assume you added some modified metrics to it as default metrics does not send IP.

Your on the internet you have to realize someone else is going to take your code and use it. Considering I don't think he tried to give out his modified version at all which is personal use and modifications are allowed, him not giving you credit for the base of it I do find a bit rude, but not nearly as much as asking to donate after downloading or just straight up asking for cash for it.

Considering his word vs your word of if he was using a modified version or not your method of speech and actions determine who I believe more.

darkdeath1332

Jul 29, 2019
Random question how you find out he was using it? Assume you added some modified metrics to it as default metrics does not send IP.

Your on the internet you have to realize someone else is going to take your code and use it. Considering I don't think he tried to give out his modified version at all which is personal use and modifications are allowed, him not giving you credit for the base of it I do find a bit rude, but not nearly as much as asking to donate after downloading or just straight up asking for cash for it.

Considering his word vs your word of if he was using a modified version or not your method of speech and actions determine who I believe more.

Its not hard, with the person in creative I could test it all out. He event had my mistake with quarrys being in a chunk range while it should be 10 x 10 for GP. I have the whole top 10 servers in my list and frequently join them to see what there doing. In that server I could run /pl and I just was on the website becouse he said he released that. I went testing and I know how MY code is made and what the mistakes are. No changes, im not 100% sure but I can say 99%.

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019
What I find most amusing in this, is the simple fact that he already removed the comment saying he was selling it - as much as you argue it, you've already realised and accepted that it was wrong to do so. But seriously who sells a plugin? A server is more important than any plugin and 99% of them are free to play with the option of donating. If your plugin is as good as you say, by uploading it for free you will still get donations, the thing is as soon as you charge for it, anyone who wants it is taking a risk in paying for it, you have no proof it works, no proof that you will update it when the time comes, and $20 is a lot to ask, not to mention that the first person to get it will just upload it for free. Your a fool if you believe charging for your plugin is the right way to go.

darkdeath1332

Jul 29, 2019
What I find most amusing in this, is the simple fact that he already removed the comment saying he was selling it - as much as you argue it, you've already realised and accepted that it was wrong to do so. But seriously who sells a plugin? A server is more important than any plugin and 99% of them are free to play with the option of donating. If your plugin is as good as you say, by uploading it for free you will still get donations, the thing is as soon as you charge for it, anyone who wants it is taking a risk in paying for it, you have no proof it works, no proof that you will update it when the time comes, and $20 is a lot to ask, not to mention that the first person to get it will just upload it for free. Your a fool if you believe charging for your plugin is the right way to go.

No ive already sold it an couple times, they like it and are very happy with it. Ill keep it with them, I wont be sharing it with you guys.

And the reason I like to have money for it is becouse there are alot of hours of my time inside it.

Overall, Yes I was wrong selling it here. I better keep it privated now for me and my donors.

Smackzter

Jul 29, 2019
No ive already sold it an couple times, they like it and are very happy with it. Ill keep it with them, I wont be sharing it with you guys.

And the reason I like to have money for it is becouse there are alot of hours of my time inside it.

Overall, Yes I was wrong selling it here. I better keep it privated now for me and my donors.

You cannot sell an addon for minecraft. It's against the EULA.
Assuming this is a mod for GriefPrevention it doesn't make it any better. Good job on making the plugin but don't be a money whore. Big Bukkit plugins have had loads of time invested into them and they are not sold. Your plugin is not more significant than others.

I'll probably try out your plugin but honestly, don't sell it. It's frowned upon by the entire bukkit community.

GrumpyCraft.com

Jul 29, 2019
Firstoff, thank you for sharing your hard work. I am not necessarily a java guru, but am interested in your knowledge of the subject and your work on other projects as well. If you have time to PM me I'd greatly appreciate it. This thread should be less of a flamefest and moreso a focus on appreciation of someone who has taken the time to make their work open source for many of us.

Secondly, I don't seem to have results using the lastest griefprevention build for 1.4.7. Have you experienced any issues with this?

Smackzter

Jul 29, 2019
Firstoff, thank you for sharing your hard work. I am not necessarily a java guru, but am interested in your knowledge of the subject and your work on other projects as well. If you have time to PM me I'd greatly appreciate it. This thread should be less of a flamefest and moreso a focus on appreciation of someone who has taken the time to make their work open source for many of us.

Secondly, I don't seem to have results using the lastest griefprevention build for 1.4.7. Have you experienced any issues with this?

It's not open source XD

EDIT: Well.. I guess but not really tho.

GrumpyCraft.com

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Technically it isn't.. but piss on technicalities. I just want some collaboration going on here and less ridiculousness.

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019

A lot of hours on your side? So your saying you plugin takes soooooo much effort that you have to receive money for it? Let me just point out to you that this is an FTB forum? FTB has how many mods associated and involved with it? - and I guarantee all of them took a lot longer to make yet it is still free to play, if you honestly think that a tiny little plugin is bigger than the collective of those mods, then by all means charge for it. Otherwise get the hell off of a free to play mod pack and go back to whatever hole you crawled out of...

waddle1463

Jul 29, 2019
I cant seem to get plugin to work. Im getting this error:​
Code:
org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Failed to remap class de.bc.uxelduxel.main
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:176)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:305)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:230)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:263)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:241)
    at gm.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:121)
    at hn.<init>(DedicatedPlayerList.java:19)
    at ho.c(DedicatedServer.java:148)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:613)
    at fy.run(ThreadMinecraftServer.java:16)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Failed to remap class de.bc.uxelduxel.main
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.remappedFindClass(PluginClassLoader.java:357)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:271)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:247)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:266)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:165)
    ... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: de/bc/uxelduxel/main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.remappedFindClass(PluginClassLoader.java:345)
    ... 16 more
THis is for towny btw and im using Towny 0.82.1.0 with MCPC Plus 1.4.7

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Technically it isn't.. but piss on technicalities. I just want some collaboration going on here and less ridiculousness.

Thing is with closed source mods is that any tampering you can get in trouble if you spread it around. I am working on how TickThreading does its patching because its the least abusive method of doing it, and probably the most preferable by the mod authors and users as its an auto install script (was looking at a way of doing hotswaping classing/methods but that was even more over my head).

darkdeath1332

Jul 29, 2019
New update,

Towny & Gp version.
# Range went from 16x16 (Chunk based) to 11 x 11 (Quarry size),
This fixes GP claims being smaller than a chunk. Update GP minimum claim size to 11x11

# Added admin notify with the permission node; bedcraft.notify

# Added a fix for the Wrath Igniter, Only clickable on a iron block since its only usable for that. Last griefing issues at my spawn with fire griefing.

Downloads: (My own download server 100mbps download.)
TOWNY; http://www.bedcraft.eu/download/BedCraftTOWNY.jar
GRIEFPREVENTION; http://www.bedcraft.eu/download/BedCraftGP.jar

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
New update,

Towny & Gp version.
# Range went from 16x16 (Chunk based) to 11 x 11 (Quarry size),
This fixes GP claims being smaller than a chunk. Update GP minimum claim size to 11x11

# Added admin notify with the permission node; bedcraft.notify

# Added a fix for the Wrath Igniter, Only clickable on a iron block since its only usable for that. Last griefing issues at my spawn with fire griefing.

Downloads: (My own download server 100mbps download.)
TOWNY; http://www.bedcraft.eu/download/BedCraftTOWNY.jar
GRIEFPREVENTION; http://www.bedcraft.eu/download/BedCraftGP.jar
Do you think you can include sub ids? ex. 151:26561 <--- I know it isn't a real id

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
Where will you need it for? If there are missing items report to me please.
It is blocking a lot of unnessesary items and players are quite annoyed about it. There is a large need for it as it has already been brought up in Preyu's post. \/
I am planning on using the BASIC functions of this plugin for a much more robust Anti-Grief / Dupe plugin. I've re-written large portions of code and cleaned it up a bit... For instance, in your release you are banning entire Item ID baselines, and it was blocking a LOT of harmless items, especially in the 702 baseline ID. Also, the QuarryPlacementBan doesn't work whatsoever, and it blocks being able to place any of the ID's in the configuration file whatsoever. Might want to get that fixed (I've already fixed it in my version).

waddle1463

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to let you know I altered your code to allow for an area protection that's cords are customized in the config. You did a great job and I can even moreso see that when I alter the source code, it's flexible and simple.

I also wanted to know why you chose 11 as the number of blocks away from a towny protection. Does the power tool reach 11 blocks?