BedCraftGP - [*Fix 95% off ALL griefing*] ~Ultimate ~Unleashed

AdrianVaughan

Jul 29, 2019
ok this is a odd question but....This jar goes in the plugins folder ? and if so GP still needs all the blocks listed tho right in its main config page ? or does this just put a non modded GP in and slap this with it ?

powergitt

Jul 29, 2019
Just add it in the plugin folder together with the plugin you're already using. Tested it on my server, worked great! And i can now unban some items! :)

Preyu

Jul 29, 2019
I made this plugin public but that doesnt mean you can take credits or touch the code.

This owner called preyu did that and stole my code, shame on you its just lame.
http://ftb-ultimate-website.enjin.com/home/m/14232486/article/1594645

First things first, you might want to check your OP because you never once ask for credits for using the plugin. You may want to look into adding a Creative Commons license to your project if you wish to do so.

Second, and I'm going to try to be as polite as humanly possible here... but who do you think you are? What gives you the right to come on my server and spam "This owner steals plugins and is breaking the law!", post all over my website / shoutbox, AND join our teamspeak server and yell at my users about how I've broken the law by changing some things in your OPEN-PUBLIC plugin? Seriously... You need to back off.

If you had messaged me and approached me like an adult and said "Hey, I see you are using my plugin, great! I know I never asked to be credited if this plugin is used, but would you mind sticking some credits in your news post for me?"... This entire situation would be going in a COMPLETELY different direction.

And for those who are curious, yes I am a new FTB server owner. It's a shame this had to be my first post on these forums, but I frequent them quite often and have found quite a few helpful tips, and for that I thank you.

I am planning on using the BASIC functions of this plugin for a much more robust Anti-Grief / Dupe plugin. I've re-written large portions of code and cleaned it up a bit... For instance, in your release you are banning entire Item ID baselines, and it was blocking a LOT of harmless items, especially in the 702 baseline ID. Also, the QuarryPlacementBan doesn't work whatsoever, and it blocks being able to place any of the ID's in the configuration file whatsoever. Might want to get that fixed (I've already fixed it in my version).

I have nothing to hide from you or anyone else. However, don't for a second think you can threaten me when this project isn't licensed, and you NEVER asked for credits in your OP. Yes, I decompiled your source and modified quite a few things to better suit my server's needs. Did you say we couldn't do such a thing? Nope. Until then, stay away from my server.

My apologies to anyone that has to read this.

Thanks for the plugin either way, I've planned fixing a few dupes with the functions it has built in. I'd share that with people as long as they put a picture of my face on their FTBServerList banner! (Joke...)

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019
can't help but feel obliged to agree with preyu above me, you don't have any licensing agreements, and assuming he has changed your code, it is for all intensive purposes a different plugin in its own right, and therefore that makes him the author. In your opening statement you claim this is the only plugin of its kind, and as I already pointed out, it is simply an extension on to the work of HexRestrict (whether you knew about that plugin or not - for all we know you could have imported their code and done a similar thing) As a server owner I can and will admit that I have modified other plugins to suit my needs, or had them made (not so much by me as my java coding knowledge isn't great)

If you wouldn't mind preyu, I'd love to have a look at your version of the plugin for comparison, and see how it improves. I for one particularly dislike the lack of data values as it irritates the hell out of mr :p

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Just as a side note darkdeath you might want to go check the licensing on GriefPrevention:

http://dev.bukkit.org/licenses/7-gnu-general-public-license-version-3-gplv3/
Code:
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

5. Conveying Modified Source Versions.

You may convey a work based on the Program, or the modifications to produce it from the Program, in the form of source code under the terms of section 4, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:

a) The work must carry prominent notices stating that you modified it, and giving a relevant date.
b) The work must carry prominent notices stating that it is released under this License and any conditions added under section 7. This requirement modifies the requirement in section 4 to “keep intact all notices”.
c) You must license the entire work, as a whole, under this License to anyone who comes into possession of a copy. This License will therefore apply, along with any applicable section 7 additional terms, to the whole of the work, and all its parts, regardless of how they are packaged. This License gives no permission to license the work in any other way, but it does not invalidate such permission if you have separately received it.
d) If the work has interactive user interfaces, each must display Appropriate Legal Notices; however, if the Program has interactive interfaces that do not display Appropriate Legal Notices, your work need not make them do so.
A compilation of a covered work with other separate and independent works, which are not by their nature extensions of the covered work, and which are not combined with it such as to form a larger program, in or on a volume of a storage or distribution medium, is called an “aggregate” if the compilation and its resulting copyright are not used to limit the access or legal rights of the compilation's users beyond what the individual works permit. Inclusion of a covered work in an aggregate does not cause this License to apply to the other parts of the aggregate.

6. Conveying Non-Source Forms.

You may convey a covered work in object code form under the terms of sections 4 and 5, provided that you also convey the machine-readable Corresponding Source under the terms of this License, in one of these ways:

a) Convey the object code in, or embodied in, a physical product (including a physical distribution medium), accompanied by the Corresponding Source fixed on a durable physical medium customarily used for software interchange.
b) Convey the object code in, or embodied in, a physical product (including a physical distribution medium), accompanied by a written offer, valid for at least three years and valid for as long as you offer spare parts or customer support for that product model, to give anyone who possesses the object code either (1) a copy of the Corresponding Source for all the software in the product that is covered by this License, on a durable physical medium customarily used for software interchange, for a price no more than your reasonable cost of physically performing this conveying of source, or (2) access to copy the Corresponding Source from a network server at no charge.
c) Convey individual copies of the object code with a copy of the written offer to provide the Corresponding Source. This alternative is allowed only occasionally and noncommercially, and only if you received the object code with such an offer, in accord with subsection 6b.
d) Convey the object code by offering access from a designated place (gratis or for a charge), and offer equivalent access to the Corresponding Source in the same way through the same place at no further charge. You need not require recipients to copy the Corresponding Source along with the object code. If the place to copy the object code is a network server, the Corresponding Source may be on a different server (operated by you or a third party) that supports equivalent copying facilities, provided you maintain clear directions next to the object code saying where to find the Corresponding Source. Regardless of what server hosts the Corresponding Source, you remain obligated to ensure that it is available for as long as needed to satisfy these requirements.
e) Convey the object code using peer-to-peer transmission, provided you inform other peers where the object code and Corresponding Source of the work are being offered to the general public at no charge under subsection 6d.

I preaty much always side with the author and in this case you (darkdeath) are not the real author and your complain about copyright when your violating a copyright.

darkdeath1332

Jul 29, 2019
Just as a side note darkdeath you might want to go check the licensing on GriefPrevention:

http://dev.bukkit.org/licenses/7-gnu-general-public-license-version-3-gplv3/
Code:
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

5. Conveying Modified Source Versions.

You may convey a work based on the Program, or the modifications to produce it from the Program, in the form of source code under the terms of section 4, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:

a) The work must carry prominent notices stating that you modified it, and giving a relevant date.
b) The work must carry prominent notices stating that it is released under this License and any conditions added under section 7. This requirement modifies the requirement in section 4 to “keep intact all notices”.
c) You must license the entire work, as a whole, under this License to anyone who comes into possession of a copy. This License will therefore apply, along with any applicable section 7 additional terms, to the whole of the work, and all its parts, regardless of how they are packaged. This License gives no permission to license the work in any other way, but it does not invalidate such permission if you have separately received it.
d) If the work has interactive user interfaces, each must display Appropriate Legal Notices; however, if the Program has interactive interfaces that do not display Appropriate Legal Notices, your work need not make them do so.
A compilation of a covered work with other separate and independent works, which are not by their nature extensions of the covered work, and which are not combined with it such as to form a larger program, in or on a volume of a storage or distribution medium, is called an “aggregate” if the compilation and its resulting copyright are not used to limit the access or legal rights of the compilation's users beyond what the individual works permit. Inclusion of a covered work in an aggregate does not cause this License to apply to the other parts of the aggregate.

6. Conveying Non-Source Forms.

You may convey a covered work in object code form under the terms of sections 4 and 5, provided that you also convey the machine-readable Corresponding Source under the terms of this License, in one of these ways:

a) Convey the object code in, or embodied in, a physical product (including a physical distribution medium), accompanied by the Corresponding Source fixed on a durable physical medium customarily used for software interchange.
b) Convey the object code in, or embodied in, a physical product (including a physical distribution medium), accompanied by a written offer, valid for at least three years and valid for as long as you offer spare parts or customer support for that product model, to give anyone who possesses the object code either (1) a copy of the Corresponding Source for all the software in the product that is covered by this License, on a durable physical medium customarily used for software interchange, for a price no more than your reasonable cost of physically performing this conveying of source, or (2) access to copy the Corresponding Source from a network server at no charge.
c) Convey individual copies of the object code with a copy of the written offer to provide the Corresponding Source. This alternative is allowed only occasionally and noncommercially, and only if you received the object code with such an offer, in accord with subsection 6b.
d) Convey the object code by offering access from a designated place (gratis or for a charge), and offer equivalent access to the Corresponding Source in the same way through the same place at no further charge. You need not require recipients to copy the Corresponding Source along with the object code. If the place to copy the object code is a network server, the Corresponding Source may be on a different server (operated by you or a third party) that supports equivalent copying facilities, provided you maintain clear directions next to the object code saying where to find the Corresponding Source. Regardless of what server hosts the Corresponding Source, you remain obligated to ensure that it is available for as long as needed to satisfy these requirements.
e) Convey the object code using peer-to-peer transmission, provided you inform other peers where the object code and Corresponding Source of the work are being offered to the general public at no charge under subsection 6d.

I preaty much always side with the author and in this case you (darkdeath) are not the real author and your complain about copyright when your violating a copyright.

I didnt change anything of GP, I just made my plugin check for zones.

darkdeath1332

Jul 29, 2019
First things first, you might want to check your OP because you never once ask for credits for using the plugin. You may want to look into adding a Creative Commons license to your project if you wish to do so.

Second, and I'm going to try to be as polite as humanly possible here... but who do you think you are? What gives you the right to come on my server and spam "This owner steals plugins and is breaking the law!", post all over my website / shoutbox, AND join our teamspeak server and yell at my users about how I've broken the law by changing some things in your OPEN-PUBLIC plugin? Seriously... You need to back off.

If you had messaged me and approached me like an adult and said "Hey, I see you are using my plugin, great! I know I never asked to be credited if this plugin is used, but would you mind sticking some credits in your news post for me?"... This entire situation would be going in a COMPLETELY different direction.

And for those who are curious, yes I am a new FTB server owner. It's a shame this had to be my first post on these forums, but I frequent them quite often and have found quite a few helpful tips, and for that I thank you.

I am planning on using the BASIC functions of this plugin for a much more robust Anti-Grief / Dupe plugin. I've re-written large portions of code and cleaned it up a bit... For instance, in your release you are banning entire Item ID baselines, and it was blocking a LOT of harmless items, especially in the 702 baseline ID. Also, the QuarryPlacementBan doesn't work whatsoever, and it blocks being able to place any of the ID's in the configuration file whatsoever. Might want to get that fixed (I've already fixed it in my version).

I have nothing to hide from you or anyone else. However, don't for a second think you can threaten me when this project isn't licensed, and you NEVER asked for credits in your OP. Yes, I decompiled your source and modified quite a few things to better suit my server's needs. Did you say we couldn't do such a thing? Nope. Until then, stay away from my server.

My apologies to anyone that has to read this.

Thanks for the plugin either way, I've planned fixing a few dupes with the functions it has built in. I'd share that with people as long as they put a picture of my face on their FTBServerList banner! (Joke...)

Im sorry the my reaction was not good, I just got mad becouse it took me and uxel about 2 weeks of coding. We had to find out how the quarry works with the corners and what acutally bypasses.

Im happy to hear you use it, but I would like to have the name as its made. I dont know what you changed but when I was in game and testing I saw you didnt change anything inside the code at all, the message is still [BD]<your text in the config> There is no space between it, im sorry my bad, or I just cant find it out. Maybe you could tell us about your improvements.

I updated my post with the plugin name and what you can do with it.

Im here to update you guys with my newer version, I fixed the bypassing of quarrys in a claim smaller than 16x16 (Bug) and there is now a complete and lighweight banning system in it. Ive also added some items who where still bypassing.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Considering you might want to go talk to towny if your going to be saying what people can and cannot do with your plugin. I cannot seem to find a licence for towny which it means it defaults to closed source which means reposting it all (even unmodified) is not allowed unless you have permission, which then means you need to show permission for your edits.

Same goes to Preyu, but as he is not giving out his download he really has nothing to worry about.

Just remember no licence means default to closed source.

darkdeath1332

Jul 29, 2019
Considering you might want to go talk to towny if your going to be saying what people can and cannot do with your plugin. I cannot seem to find a licence for towny which it means it defaults to closed source which means reposting it all (even unmodified) is not allowed unless you have permission, which then means you need to show permission for your edits.

Same goes to Preyu, but as he is not giving out his download he really has nothing to worry about.

Just remember no licence means default to closed source.

Its not GP, its a extention. I use the API of Towny and GP. I didnt touch anything of GP or Towny.

Both API's are given on the pages. (Check GP on bukkit)[DOUBLEPOST=1372930593][/DOUBLEPOST]
Then why did you upload the whole jar?

I did not upload GP, I uploaded my plugin.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
The way you stated it before it seem to be that this was town/GP with edited code not that this was an aditional plugin.

TheTiGuR

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having trouble with the Minium Stone griefing still occurring within claims (tested both admin and user claims). At a minimum this is occurring with wool, but possibly other items as well.

Secondarily, ID 30482 (gravitool) should probably be added by default for your 'ultimate' config.

Overall seems to work reasonably well and have reenabled previously banned items because of it. Thanks!

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Lol selling it for $20? Kinda goes against the mine-craft spirit. Hell I had bytecode patches for a few months on my server and people that came to be I help, but you trying to make a profit of it...

Also considering canvas bag and a few other dupes are fixed via rptweaks which has been around for a long time.

Reactions: DZCreeper

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I made a dupe fix for the Arcane table, Project table & Canvas bag. Im selling it for $20, no code touched with those fixes.

Shoot me a PM.

Dude, you do know that as soon as you sell it to someone the first thing they are going to do is upload it for free right? Plus I bet Azanor, Eloraam, and just about every other reasonable Minecrafter under the sun would be terribly pissed at you. Just upload it for free and make yourself a paypal link people can donate too.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Along with that the only real fix is a bytecode patch (ie giving out the corrected class file) and I did ask about giving it out and I was told what I did would be illegal if I gave it out at all, I can use it personally but I cannot spread it or one of the sticky posted would probably be the 17 class file I have that fixes all the dupes I know of.

darkdeath1332

Jul 29, 2019
The point is that there is no such fix as I have here, its a plugin (Bukkit) wich can stop the dupes. It does NOT touch any of there code.

Try to find that on the internet, im the only one who haves this legal.

Elraam mad at me? Idc, people should be more pissed becouse the dupe in the mod wich is isnt fixed.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
You are ignorate as hell there. Hop on my server and try to dupe you will find that I have them fixed (only 2 which are not and I just have a small workaround that makes them do nothing while I work on the real fix). Part is you cant touch alot of it from bukkit side as I tried as a quick fix when 1.0.1 came out before I just made the bytecode patches. Mods follow forge's API and some do alot of their own storage/memory management so there is no real access unless you try to hack into it with an NBT editor api but that kind of editing usally leads to more issues then solves.