Barrel with Pneumatik pipe?

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to hook up the pneumatik pipes to barrels? Wanted a sorting system and noticed i can really hook them up :(

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to hook up the pneumatik pipes to barrels? Wanted a sorting system and noticed i can really hook them up :(

Huh??? Barrels should link up to the pneumatic pipe automatically and take all priority in the pipes intelligence to the incoming items it has assigned to it.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Tubes work fine with barrels, top input, bottom output.

MRDdk.png

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
ah ok thx, i tried to go in from the back :/ now i need to change my whole storing system though :(

but atleast it works like this i guess

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
why does it only work from the top :/ u should be able to choose :/ ms sorting systems looks stupid now :/

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
dont mind seeing them i only need much more room or build it 2 times as high to fit everything, saw a video that you can use a router`somehow?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
dont mind seeing them i only need much more room or build it 2 times as high to fit everything, saw a video that you can use a router`somehow?
Weird coincidence, I just saw a video about that this morning. Eloraam made a system with RP2 ('natch), barrels and a router. It's pretty genius, not surprisingly.

Shadow Dragon's (Soul Shards author) private server, on which Eloraam plays.

Reactions: jetflight

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
As a weird aside to the the barrel thing. While working on my sorting system I found out you can feed the barrels from the bottom with tubes from a manager. BUT it will only allow items in from the bottom if there is less the 1 stack in the barrel at the time. Not sure if it would actually be useful to anyone but just something I noticed while working. Empty barrel would take a partial or full stack of something then start kicking stuff back. That is when I realized I had it backwards. :p

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
You could further simplify that by having ONE color assigned to all of those barrels, because pneumatic tubes 'know' about barrels and will put items where they 'go'.

90 percent of the time yes they will, but this way there is no questions asked on where items go. You could go one further and put a restriction pipe at the end attached to a chest for overflow.

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
90 percent of the time yes they will, but this way there is no questions asked on where items go. You could go one further and put a restriction pipe at the end attached to a chest for overflow.
It's not a real feasable system if you have a room with 50 barrels :p

If you want to fill them beforehand, put one item of what you want in the barrel, and use a certain item as a placeholder.

Reactions: arkangyl

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
As a weird aside to the the barrel thing. While working on my sorting system I found out you can feed the barrels from the bottom with tubes from a manager. BUT it will only allow items in from the bottom if there is less the 1 stack in the barrel at the time. Not sure if it would actually be useful to anyone but just something I noticed while working. Empty barrel would take a partial or full stack of something then start kicking stuff back. That is when I realized I had it backwards. :p

Ya i found that out while testing too ^^

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a real feasable system if you have a room with 50 barrels :p

If you want to fill them beforehand, put one item of what you want in the barrel, and use a certain item as a placeholder.

You know I've seen a lot of people with the wall of barrels and I really don't see that as being useful rarely do I want a whole stack of anything unless it is bulk mats like stone or sand. Everything else I'd rather have in chest so I'm not running back and forth looking for 3 ingot types 2 dust types and some glass just to build something. Much more workable to me to just have three chests next to my table that get fed from my sorter to have those.

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
You know I've seen a lot of people with the wall of barrels and I really don't see that as being useful rarely do I want a whole stack of anything unless it is bulk mats like stone or sand. Everything else I'd rather have in chest so I'm not running back and forth looking for 3 ingot types 2 dust types and some glass just to build something. Much more workable to me to just have three chests next to my table that get fed from my sorter to have those.
*warfightef67 looks at his basement with over a stack of barrels

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019

You can get the amount of whatever you need if you crouch down. you get single items then,
why dont you just take out a whole stack of iron and use up whatever you need and throw it back into chest that sorts the stuff?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You can get the amount of whatever you need if you crouch down. you get single items then,
why dont you just take out a whole stack of iron and use up whatever you need and throw it back into chest that sorts the stuff?

Why run up and down a wall of barrels when I can just turn left open a chest and get everything I need?

This my setup right now. I can reach all the chests I need while standing next to the table. Only have to go down to the end for bulks items.

base Upgrades by Saice, on Flickr