Problem Banned from chat

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

almamooth

I created a hamachi server with my friend, We added eachother as friends in the game and decided to test out the chat system. Not knowing I was in General chat I typed "Hello bish" and my friend replied with "hello. bish" and the next thing I know an admin said "I spy with my little eyes. 2 players about to get banned" and I got banned without a warning, I didn't even get to talk with the admin.

Edit: I didn't realise someone said "Hello guys" right above my message until I looked at the screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_10.png
    Screenshot_10.png
    544.2 KB · Views: 323

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
And if you read the rules the system put down, it explicitly says no profanity. So... yea, the first thing you do when you log in is use profanity... you're gonna get a ban.

Bluntly, if I were the owner of the service, I wouldn't unban simply because you either failed to read or failed to comprehend the rules, and thus do not have a place there. But hey, maybe the people over at MineTogether are more merciful than me.

Reactions: Brotuulaan

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
And if you read the rules the system put down, it explicitly says no profanity. So... yea, the first thing you do when you log in is use profanity... you're gonna get a ban.

Bluntly, if I were the owner of the service, I wouldn't unban simply because you either failed to read or failed to comprehend the rules, and thus do not have a place there. But hey, maybe the people over at MineTogether are more merciful than me.
I'm confused - where was the profanity in there? I feel like I've missed something!

Reactions: BaconsTV
B

BaconsTV

should not have got even banned for bish imo .. but thats just my 2c

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It feels like an extremely tenuous reason to ban someone, honestly. But, unfortunately the OP will have to take it up with them, as grandrolf said.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
should not have got even banned for bish imo .. but thats just my 2c

Technically you can be banned for whatever the server owner wants to ban you for... It's their setup after all and they make the rules.

A common fallacy in the USA these days is that the 1st Amendment gives an individual the right to say anything they please at any time and any place they want to say it, without consequence.

Reactions: rhn