Ban cheat mode

Tom Vanner

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I have a ftb mindrack server which me and my friends play on. I want to block cheat mode in NEI so we don't have the temptation to cheat. I looked at other ftb threads, and they said to change lockmode to -0 and cheatmode to 0 in the NEI config. But I did that, and it didn't make a difference. Is there another way?
Thanks

Tom Vanner

Jul 29, 2019
Thankyou Henry, But I would like everyone to be able to teleport still, but just not be able to use cheat mode.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I could understand that. And with the Mindcrack pack your teleporting options are limited. But there is still the IC2 teleporter and portal guns. I use the Direwolf20 pack on my server because it has Mystcraft. I suppose you could add that to your server. I did that back when I was running the Mindcrack pack on mine.

Spoo

Jul 29, 2019
I think revoking op status is the way to go. Otherwise, anyone who's op can just spawn items in with the vanilla commands anyway.

Tom Vanner

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly do I change in the config?
I tried changing cheatmode to 0 and lockmode to 0 already, and that has not worked.

tobben20

Jul 29, 2019
Revoke OP and consider putting Essentials on your server. Allows for /tpa between players for teleport.