Bad nether portal spawns.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
Entered the nether for the first time on New World modpack. MC dumped me on a floating island of Soulsand 30+ blocks up from the lava sea. Also a ghast was immediately on my, well you get the idea. Luckily two or three blocks of the floating island are over the shoreline. Had to burrow into the soul heap and then use the cobble I brought to construct a shell out of the island. Next I had to gravel down to the shoreline. Now I wonder if I can make it back up without getting ghasted. The only real consolation was that a sweat looking nether fortress is only 125 metres away.

So where has MC dumped you after making a portal?

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Mine just stuck me on a no bedrock ceiling. Using 152wgt. Little annoying because I had to carefully burrow down, find where one of the walls is, burrow down into it, get onto a ledge, and follow it down a bit just to find anything useful.

I wasn't too happy when that happened though because I was after a quick trip for something...turned into about 45 mins:(

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I once got one in a little pocket under a sea of lava.

Then there's the one with a lava fall directly above my portal.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I've been dumped on one floating clump of netherrack. Below me was a lava lake. Thanks to the long fall boots I jumped down and landed 1 block away from lava.

This is a pretty great video of Lambert2191 being dumped in some lava :D

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
The worst spawn I've ever had was over a lava-sea with no land in sight, and I wasn't even on an island. Just a damn portal with a bit of obsidian sticking out like a ledge.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Well my worst spawn was when there was nothing there no blocks at all just obsidian and some random natura clouds floating around in the void

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
My worst spawn was when I was really close to the ground. I couldn't fly and I thought that nerd poling was too dangerous, so I just left, deleted the nether, and remade it. The next spawn I was still too close to the ground to actually reach any of the glowstone in the ceiling. I ended up leaving the nether and building a normal jetpack. My normal jetpack ran out of juice, and I realized that I built a normal jetpack instead of an electric one after being stranded on a lone island flying over lava. I didn't have any blocks to bridge out either.

Needless to say that world was deleted.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
I usually do alright with Nether spawns, but I've been having terrible luck with Overworld spawns lately, for some reason.

In my first world after updating to 1.5.2, I spawned underwater. And died. And respawned. Underwater. Repeatedly.

So that world got deleted. My next one put me underwater too, although luckily I was a lot closer to the surface so I swam to the beach.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I usually do alright with Nether spawns, but I've been having terrible luck with Overworld spawns lately, for some reason.

In my first world after updating to 1.5.2, I spawned underwater. And died. And respawned. Underwater. Repeatedly.

So that world got deleted. My next one put me underwater too, although luckily I was a lot closer to the surface so I swam to the beach.
Sounds like your Steve will develop aquaphobia very very soon :D.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
My spawn on my server is in the middle of the biggest mountain I've ever seen in the nether. It is pretty much 200 blocks in any direction to get out of the mountain. lol
Oh, now that I think about it, that actually happened to me once.

I went to the Nether for some glowstone, but spawned in the middle of a giant mass of netherrack. I filled up my entire inventory with netherrack while digging a tunnel out of the mountain.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, now that I think about it, that actually happened to me once.

I went to the Nether for some glowstone, but spawned in the middle of a giant mass of netherrack. I filled up my entire inventory with netherrack while digging a tunnel out of the mountain.
I broke two diamond picks while tryng to dig from under the lava ocean.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
I broke two diamond picks while tryng to dig from under the lava ocean.
I had a diamond drill at the time so I didn't break anything, but I did have to double back to the overworld to recharge my batpack and drill at least once.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Port into the neither and step forward onto...

Gravel...

Queue block update

Goodbye hardcore world

Why? Why random gravel in my nether?

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
my worst spawn was in my very first world i was so proud of myself got diamonds OMG!! made a diamond pick got obsidian spawned in the middle of a lava lake with no land in sight ghast sshooting me portal stopped working cuase of the explosion my little mansion wasnt seen againg by me biggest ragequit ever