autonomous activator not working in y-direction

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nebuchadnezzar

Jul 29, 2019
So I wanted to use an autonomous activator to harvest some grass, so I placed an Draconic Shovel inside a autonomous activator.
This is in the newest version of the infinity pack. Can someone please tell me why the Draconic Shovel is unable to destroy the block if it has to do it up or down? (Eg the y-direction). It just starts to break the block then stops. Just as if the block is of the wrong type. However grass should be the ideal type for the shovel! It works if I dig to the left or right... Also the bug only seems to occur with my draconic shovel I tried removing all enchants, changing the radius of the draconic shovel... Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong? I attached some images, to show that my settings should be correct.

dA32KSU.png

8HCDdf6.png

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
It May be a Bug which needs to be fixed or its just meant to behave like this if a normal shovel works Try Out the shovel from redstone Arsenal and give it silk touch and then whatch if it works i mean if its still a thing remove all enchantments from the shovel and reenchant it until u get a second silk touch if it no Bug with rf charged Tools otherwise i Dont know

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Known bug.

AA is trying to break the air block above the grass.

Just put it one block lower.

Known bug? Known by whom? It's new to me. Nobody has ever reported it.

Then again, I probably know why. The AA works properly, I just tested it. The issue here is with the Draconic Shovel.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It's had issues with tools that need to determine the orientation of the block. The best example is in one of the Direwolf20's server play series (Think it's the current one). He attemps to use a terra shatterer (an aoe mining pick) in an AA but it kept acting like it was targeting the side of the block. When Dire set the AA to target down the AA ended up breaking it's self as the aoe mechanism acted like it was targeting the sides of the block despite facing down.
TiCo hammers work in a similar fashion. Testing ome in an AA might confirm whether this behavior is due to the tool or AA.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk