Automating the *new* magical crops?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the harvester could do this from MFR but it seems it does not. Fearing I set it up wrong i made sure to do exactly what i did for other crops and that worked just fine.

I know in the older magical crops by the other guy (I think?) the harvester worked fine. Again, I think lol.

I am using:

magicalcrops-4.0.0_PUBLIC_BETA_3 (By Mark719)
MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.0-104

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
You need a compability Patch for this or the enderio farming Station works well without and other mods

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I wish they had left it alone. I encourage mod devs to fix bugs but a complete overhaul (introducing a whole new slew of bugs) of something that worked fine before (buildcraft) is really annoying. The only explanation I can find is that these guys are bored.

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
You need a compability Patch for this or the enderio farming Station works well without and other mods
Is there such a patch? If not I can just use enderio or forestry, but those multiblock farms are a pain lol.

edit: Nevermind, I found it. Though it is not a patch it is a mod
I wish they had left it alone. I encourage mod devs to fix bugs but a complete overhaul (introducing a whole new slew of bugs) of something that worked fine before (buildcraft) is really annoying. The only explanation I can find is that these guys are bored.
The new one is quite nice, though they don't seem to be active much, unless I'm blind, which is entirely possible.

Off topic, do the crops prick you for 0 damage? Is this intentional or a weird bug?

Last edited:

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
Its a "feature" that can be switched off in the config. What it does other than killing farming golems, I do not know.

Ah, I may have to turn that off, it does no damage to me even without armor so it really is just more annoying then anything else.

Dae_vos

Jul 29, 2019
I find that EnderIO farming stations work like a charm, and are relatively easy to setup.

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
I find that EnderIO farming stations work like a charm, and are relatively easy to setup.
They are good, but i got it covered with MFR. I just like MFR, it's dear to my heart, though for virtually no reason lol. I just lvoe it, not sure why. I do like EnderIO too though.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Maybe they could start working with Vanilla 1.8 packs? :D

Reactions: epidemia78

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
Not anymore they are gonna jump direktly into 1.9. You will know Why if you read some threads related to this