automating thaumcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

11philip22

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to automate thaumcraft because im making a facktory that can produce almost every item possible whit uu matter and other infinite sources

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Short answer is no. This is by design.

It does, however, depend somewhat on the aspect of thaumcraft you wish to automate.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible, but the complexity is HUGE. The first problem is shift+right-clicking the cauldron to get the aspects into the alembics. I have seen deployers do this I believe but it may be better to find another way. Now I know the Misc. Peripherals Thaumcraft Turtle is bugged however the function .getAspect() does work. It reads what aspect is in the selected slot. Once the turtle knows what aspect it is, it must place it into the jar where it knows the position.

As I said, extremely complex. I'm going to build this for my server's The Lead City build but that might be a ways off waiting for the 1.5.2 official update.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
My understanding is that Thaumic Tinkerer has a block that can be configured to do various types of clicking with an item/block, but I've not played around with it just yet. It would be interesting to see someone automate thaumcraft using just the thaumcraft/thaumic tinkerer stuff. If anything though, I'd call such automation a "Wisp/giant zombie factory" rather than anything else.

11philip22

Jul 29, 2019
My understanding is that Thaumic Tinkerer has a block that can be configured to do various types of clicking with an item/block, but I've not played around with it just yet. It would be interesting to see someone automate thaumcraft using just the thaumcraft/thaumic tinkerer stuff. If anything though, I'd call such automation a "Wisp/giant zombie factory" rather than anything else.

can you kill giant zombies and wisps whit mffs ?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Only does left and right click.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
can you kill giant zombies and wisps whit mffs ?

It is standard to cage the node and turn it into a wisp grinder. The zombies are self-limiting and less obnoxious.

With Thaumic Bees you can make warded stone eco-friendly. Start mass-producing magic wax for pure permutatio aspect set up pure bees over the node, and place a couple of crystal clusters+capacitors to keep it charged. With a couple of cauldrons it wasn't fully automatic but it was very fast and clean.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
In general is there any way to shift right click?

AFAIK there never had been, nor one that exists today - plenty (like 2 or something) block breakers and right clickers but no shift right clickers.
Also, any way to hold right click?
Or auto left click (not attack, actually left click)?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
In general is there any way to shift right click?

AFAIK there never had been, nor one that exists today - plenty (like 2 or something) block breakers and right clickers but no shift right clickers.
Also, any way to hold right click?
Or auto left click (not attack, actually left click)?
Not yet, would be very useful though considering how many mods are starting to (kinda annoyingly, it's supposed to be the don't open gui/don't use combo, remember?) use it now.

In perfect honesty though, I wish TC added automation of its own, I hear there's some going in, and last I heard it's been long time in comming, so yeah, just wish it was in already.

It'd be perfect if there were warded essenceducts.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Not yet, would be very useful though considering how many mods are starting to (kinda annoyingly, it's supposed to be the don't open gui/don't use combo, remember?) use it now.

In perfect honesty though, I wish TC added automation of its own, I hear there's some going in, and last I heard it's been long time in comming, so yeah, just wish it was in already.

It'd be perfect if there were warded essenceducts.
I still go by my idea of liquid essence that you could put into tanks.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still hoping for warded stone tools. And warded stone golems. And warded wooden golems. And warded reactor chambers. And warded IC/GT machines. And warded mps suits... *foams at the mout* warded energy conduits, warded butterflies, warded warded warded...

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still hoping for warded stone tools. And warded stone golems. And warded wooden golems. And warded reactor chambers. And warded IC/GT machines. And warded mps suits... *foams at the mout* warded energy conduits, warded butterflies, warded warded warded...
Something tells me you need to be in a ward...

Reactions: ApSciLiara

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Um... Poppy? You okay? You seem a little... demented.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
:D

You know what else TC needs?

The ability to actually hold preserves. You can't really pickle potatoes, but apple jam would be nice.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I really do wish you could automate TC, but nope.
AFAIK, you don't need to Shift Right Click the Cauldron to get the essences, but if you do, I'm screwed for TC.