Automating magical crops.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
G

Greatsaga

this is how i built my automated crops for making fuel for big reactors, i have a map with 10 of these going

2014-04-28_15.25.04.png

dig a 9x9 area
2014-04-28_15.27.02.png

dig 5 trenches, 2 blocks deep. the 2 left and 2 right are only 8 long. the center trench is 3 blocks deep, this is for planter and pipes for power, items.
2014-04-28_15.28.16.png

place water in trenches, (must be source, no flows) leave center trench dry. then place lilypads of fertility above water

2014-04-28_15.30.48.png

place a chest, the place hoppers so center hopper faces chest, the rest point towards the center hopper. place planter in center of 9x9 plot
2014-04-28_15.32.15.png

run power line for planter, place row of dispensers down at back of plot.
2014-04-28_15.35.29.png

run itemduct from planter to chest behind hoppers. use wrench to remove connection to hopper

2014-04-28_15.36.30.png

set up planter. for this crop, 72 plants, i add 2x that so i dont have to wait for seeds coming from hoppers. note the +3 upgrade to increase range of planter

2014-04-28_15.36.52.png

place ender chest ( or whatever u prefer) this is where all exported items go. add a servo to the pipe under the chest

2014-04-28_15.37.06.png

set the top connection so it pulls items from top chest, open servo interface on top connection under chest, set redstone enabled low
2014-04-28_15.37.14.png

now open servo gui on connection to ender chest, set it to black list, ignore metadata and put in a seed for the crop you are growing. this ensures seeds from hoppers go back to the planter. the ignore metatdata part is important, sometimes seeds come out with different data values, this ensures all those seeds go through to the planter.

2014-04-28_15.38.18.png

place fertilized dirt from Random Things. if everything was done right, you should see plants

2014-04-28_15.39.35.png

because this set up uses water flooding, we need to build walls to contain the water and the drops. the sides MUST be 2 high or stray drops will escape. the back wall over dispensers will be 3 high, youll see why (note, i used blocks up front by hoppers, use stairs instead, especially on the block that goes over the wood chest)
2014-04-28_15.44.38.png

wiring of the crop timing circuit. basically, going from right to left (all project red components + wireless redstone):

wireless reciever -> not gate -> timer (set to 90 seconds) -> repeater (8 ticks)

from here it branches to a buffer gate to the wire on the dispensers, then to the second part of the circuit:

state cell (set to 13 seconds) -> repeater (8 ticks) -> wire on dispensers. the switch is optional, its there to run the crop manually if you want. when the reciever is acttive, the crop will cycle every 90 seconds, with a 13 second delay that gives the items time to travel to the hoppers when the water is active before toggling the water off. the wireless reciever allows you to control this crop remotely, use ae level emitters or whatever you use to monitor how much of that crops item you have and turns it on when you run low of that item. if you want it running 24x7, dont include the reviecer and not gate. place 1 water bucket each into all dispensers

2014-04-28_15.46.04.png

2014-04-28_15.46.11.png

last part of this is the lamps of growth, with an essentia mirror to transport the herba to the lamps. this gets the crop to grow fast enough to keep up with the 90 second cycle on the control circuit. this does NOT guarantee a full harvest every cycle, but at the cost of 2 or 3 plants not maturing, i think this is good enough for full automation and getting all the drops, including nature and weak essence.

Now I understand this thread is quite old now, but I am having a lot of trouble implementing this design. I have one of these setups with the MFR Planter and Havester going on my Sky Factory server and it is doing quite well. The Magical Crops grow quite quickly, and that's only with the Lilypads of fertility - I even added 9 more on each side of the center (replacing your trench dividers with water and more lilypads. The grow slightly faster than my two harvesters can even harvest them (which is starting to make me wonder if a smaller design where the harvester can harvest quicker could output more than the 9x9 design), but anyway... I tried making a second one of these right next to the one that already works really great, and the first 3 rows (closest to the other design) grow the crops quite well, but the other rows not so much. I am so very confused as to why this is happening. I built it the same (minus the planter and harvester for now) and I believe the first 3 rows are doing well because of the lilypads of fertility from the other setup still affecting those rows. It's like the new lilypads of fertility are not even doing anything.

On that same note, I tried building ONE 9x9 setup in a new Singleplayer world (destroying the tree and having the ONLY thing in the world the 9x9 crop area) and it isn't working. I have a glitch sometimes with Lilypads of Fertility where it will appear that a lilypad occupies a space but was never actually placed, thus that Lilypad doesn't actually exist - so I placed all Lilypads in survival, making sure all of them were placed, so I know all of them were. And yet, they take ages to grow at all, after like 10 minutes most of them are still at age 0. I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Is there some specific way you have to put down the lilypads of fertility? There is one last thing I want to try, and that is crafting all Lilypads of Fertility in survival and then placing them. I do have some Lilypad's of fertility in my server spawned from creative (somehow I had lost a stack of lilypads of fertility, so I just spawned in a stack) - It is quite convoluted... but maybe Lilypads of Fertility spawned from creative are messed up? I think I have nailed down the issue to the Lilypads... so I have no clue, and this is really really bugging me.

I have provided a screenshot of the setup that I am using underneath the dirt, built on the void singleplayer world. It is exactly the same design as the one on my server, and yet it doesn't work.

Attachments

• 2016-10-05_16.22.40.png
    2016-10-05_16.22.40.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 61