Automating Implosion Compressor with AE

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
After messing with AE and bastard, called implosion compressor, i`ve came with solution:
me interface(with recipe - iridium alloy ingot on top of grid, and 8 industrial tnt below it), connected to factorization router(machine filter upgrade, set to put into anywhere with implosion compressor filter).
Now, i just wonder: is it possible to do it without factorization router?

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, automating this without the router is remarkable simple, simply place an export bus set to move single item/craft on the side of the machine.
Next, change the pattern to 1 iridium alloy ingot = 1 Iridium plate.
Then place an import bus on a different side.

This will work as the system will always keep the implosion compressor stocked with itnt, and the interface handles then on-demand part.
As far as I know, itnt must be inserted into one of the sides with the itnt sprite on it, and the product extracted from one of the sides with the standard "machine" look.

Exasperation

Jul 29, 2019
GT advanced regulator or GT advanced buffer can insert to specific inventory slots. GT advanced translator can insert to a side other than the one it's attached to (so you can attach it to the side and have it insert to the bottom, for example).

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, automating this without the router is remarkable simple, simply place an export bus set to move single item/craft on the side of the machine.
Next, change the pattern to 1 iridium alloy ingot = 1 Iridium plate.
Then place an import bus on a different side.

This will work as the system will always keep the implosion compressor stocked with itnt, and the interface handles then on-demand part.
As far as I know, itnt must be inserted into one of the sides with the itnt sprite on it, and the product extracted from one of the sides with the standard "machine" look.
the problem with your solution is that if system has run out of itnt it will jam, and will require addition system(me or other) to craft supply itnt for it.[DOUBLEPOST=1368425330][/DOUBLEPOST]
GT advanced regulator or GT advanced buffer can insert to specific inventory slots. GT advanced translator can insert to a side other than the one it's attached to (so you can attach it to the side and have it insert to the bottom, for example).
gotta look into that, however looking at its recipe makes me think that is even more complicated solution that a router :)

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
Want a pure AE solution to integrating an Implosion Compressor?

9pSXEzU.png

This is one weird block: the input side for TNT is the face with TNT on it. The side without TNT is the output face. And finally, the top is the usual input side.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
My solution is me interface and 3 mfr item routers, the item routers send the items from the interface into the correct sides of the compressor.

implosion.jpg

Reactions: russjr08

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019

9pSXEzU.png

This is one weird block: the input side for TNT is the face with TNT on it. The side without TNT is the output face. And finally, the top is the usual input side.

Looking at it graphically...that's actually pretty ingenious of ol Gregorious. Where does the ITNT go? On the face that's got a picture of freaking ITNT! Something in GregTech that's simple and intuitive, dear god. Hell is in its latest Ice Age.

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at it graphically...that's actually pretty ingenious of ol Gregorious. Where does the ITNT go? On the face that's got a picture of freaking ITNT! Something in GregTech that's simple and intuitive, dear god. Hell is in its latest Ice Age.

True. I got so used to the other machines, I neglected something so obvious and screaming at my face. ~_~

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019

9pSXEzU.png

Does the export bus on the tnt side just act as an extension to your entire network rather than just an export bus from the interface? I thought it would require different colouring to work how you have it set up, or perhaps I don't understand how me interface works as much as I thought I did :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Does the export bus on the tnt side just act as an extension to your entire network rather than just an export bus from the interface? I thought it would require different colouring to work how you have it set up, or perhaps I don't understand how me interface works as much as I thought I did :)
What they've got is the export bus constantly exporting iTNT into the implosion compressor, because that's all it ever uses for recipes I believe, if not that's for iridium plates anyhow. Then the interface is coded to put in an iridium alloy ingot every time it wants a plate.

Quite a nice solution to this in my opinion.

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
What they've got is the export bus constantly exporting iTNT into the implosion compressor, because that's all it ever uses for recipes I believe, if not that's for iridium plates anyhow. Then the interface is coded to put in an iridium alloy ingot every time it wants a plate.

Exactly.

I used to craft precise amounts of iTNT, then deliver that to the implosion compressor via a second ME Network. But apparently, the amount of iTNT consumed in each process is exact, and is practically required for all recipes, so I just need to have a constant supply of iTNT.

As for the ME interface, it just acts as both an input and output of your ME network. Attaching a cable or another ME Interface to an existing one will just extend the network.

Also, ME interfaces don't output items to each other. That makes it easy to make compact autocrafting setups like this.

KRKSpQn.png

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly.

I used to craft precise amounts of iTNT, then deliver that to the implosion compressor via a second ME Network. But apparently, the amount of iTNT consumed in each process is exact, and is practically required for all recipes, so I just need to have a constant supply of iTNT.

As for the ME interface, it just acts as both an input and output of your ME network. Attaching a cable or another ME Interface to an existing one will just extend the network.

Also, ME interfaces don't output items to each other. That makes it easy to make compact autocrafting setups like this.

[snipped picture]

That's cool, definitely doing that for my system when I get there, how are you outputting from those machines?

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
That's cool, definitely doing that for my system when I get there, how are you outputting from those machines?

I have ME Import buses on the side or bottom of the machine. That depends on each machine though. I try to check if I can extract from the bottom first so that the bus is hidden. If not, the sides.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019

Ah ok cool, it's a bit tidier than my set up but mine crafts the itnt on demand.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
turned out that my solution with factorization router wasnt good as i thought. it works ok, for crafting iridium(and other recipes), but when i tried to craft an item that required iridium plates, the system put itnt first, and router put in top slot, which jammed the system.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, this solution via export bus on the itnt side was exactly what I was describing, yet somehow fault was found with it.
Someone else posts the same idea but has access to pictures as they are not on mobile posts the same idea, everyone agrees.

I don't think I can ever be taken seriously if I wish to spend my time on the Latop playing tha game, and my time off it talking about it. My luck precisely.

Also, this works particularly well with a creeper soul shard set up with a leek emitter - activate the shard if below 5000 gunpowder or something.

Reactions: Adonis0

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
How are you making it autocraft the right amount of iTNT and inserting it? Router set to insert anywhere?

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The export bus you can see is set to move single item/craft.
A MAC programmed with how to make TNT and itnt. Will then craft all the nessessary itnt to fill the bottom slot if the machine.
This is particularly useful as all the recipes in the implosion compressor require ITNT, so keeping it filled is the best option.