Automating Growthcraft hops?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
According to the mod wiki, it does support MFR machines, however neither the harvester or fruit picker seem to want to do the job.

Has anyone got any bright ideas on this?

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I would say computer craft perhaps? I couldn't say for sure as I am lousy with doing the programming for it.

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
Block update detectors, counters and terrain smashers or turtles, not too sure on how the growthcraft stuff works as I haven't got around to downloading it.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I would say computer craft perhaps? I couldn't say for sure as I am lousy with doing the programming for it.

Maybe turtles might be a thing if I can set them up right.

I was thinking more along the lines of autonomous activators and vacuum hoppers, but i've found that right-click picking of hops sprays the produce all over the place and not into a conveniently placed hopper :-/

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I know someone managed to harvest them on the forums here, I believe using a Golem on top of a trellis like structure.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I actually used Factorization servos to automate my hops and wine =)
Looks (imo) more elegant than any other solution I was able to come up with.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I try not to use golems when other options are available. Also my hops grows 5 blocks tall, I doubt that golems can farm that...

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
autonomous activators from TE work on them...just need a way to catch the drops. use vacuum hoppers, kinetic attractors, etc to grab the drops

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
@Saice has automated a lot of Growthcraft thing in his LP series using Steve's Factory Manager. Check out his channel

Yeah just used autonomous activators and a item value from SFM to pick and collect it. You can drop the SFM for anything else that collects items.

I actually automated the growing and brewing (to potent) for all four gorwthcraft drinks.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Well, 100 autonomous activators, 10 vacuum hoppers, 40 normal hoppers (for the underwater bit and routing because a vanilla hopper can't output into itemducts), one output chest, a tesseract and a ton of smooth glass to encase the whole bloody thing later and I have something resembling a working system.

These hops do seem to have developed the ability to glitch through the glass ceiling though, maybe they're feminist hops?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Hrm, another day, another issue.

So my brewing setup has two rows of brew kettles, one to mix wheat and water to make ale, the second to mix ale (from the first row) with hops.

This particular fly in my ointment is that the process of turning wheat into ale produces bone meal as a byproduct. When the bone meal slot is full, the process stops.

and NO face I can put an import bus on will extract it. I've tried import buses on all four sides and the top, but all it does is try and grab the wheat as the export bus pumps it in.

I've also tried:
Precision import buses set to extract bone meal - did nothing
Servo'd itemducts set to whitelist bone meal - nothing
EnderIO item conduits set to in/out with wheat in the insertion filter and bone meal in the extraction filter - no response.

I'm stuck for ideas at this point.