Automating Growthcraft hops?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Welp, there goes two hours.

I have a cup of tea and, i've already caught up with Game of Thrones and my youtube feed is oddly quiet at the moment, so a bit of content to keep me amused is just perfect :)

Also I found that 5 kettles running full pelt is too much for my 9x9 wheat farm even with fertilised dirt, lilypads of fertility, openblocks sprinklers and lamps of growth.

The answer, therefore is BIGGER!

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
SFM does it all so super easy awesome.

Just saying[DOUBLEPOST=1401739968][/DOUBLEPOST]You can see my part of my build here (hops and rice)

Does this work reliably? Just asking because in my experience rice can in some rare cases mature without dehydrating the paddy.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Does this work reliably? Just asking because in my experience rice can in some rare cases mature without dehydrating the paddy.

I dont know if I did it in those videos but I added bonemeal to the rice system to force them to grow. Bone meal I was getting free from the brewing so even better.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I dont know if I did it in those videos but I added bonemeal to the rice system to force them to grow. Bone meal I was getting free from the brewing so even better.

Apparently you can increase the buff from OpenBlock sprinklers with bonemeal, so that's what i'm doing atm :)

I'm still tinkering with the internal workings of my ale production line, it's mostly working now except the aforementioned problem of brew kettles chewing through wheat and hops faster than I can grow them.

So I dun this:
2014-06-03_14.32.40.png
All the bells and whistles except lamps of growth, and that's only because I need to devise a tidy-looking way to run essentia tubes out to the outhouse :p

Next up is a secondary hop farm to go with it.

Overcatering is better than the reverse ;)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Why not just use essentia mirrors? That way you can place the lamp, and only place the connected mirror next to it. It'll keep your green house tidy and the bulky distillation setup can be hidden elsewhere.

Now why hadn't I thought of this?

Cheers, I'll give that a go :)

Reactions: RedBoss