Automating Dye trees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Heya!

This iteration im looking for different power source.

Since the server I play on recently migrated to monster I was thinking on using dye trees (several different colors) to feed MFR biofuel producers, but the MFR harvester wont properly harvest the dye leaves.

Any idea on what could quickly gather the leaves and give me the dyes?

Otherwise ill go old-school and just try a forestry biofuel thing with squeezed apples as fertilizer.
Try Forestry multifarms.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I have no problem with the farm itself, but cannot stand the fertilizer thing. Is there any way to make it off renewable stuff?

Its the same reason why I havent made a "big reactor" yet.
Gods, why does everyone worry about running out of Fertilizer for their Multifarms? Use a decent fortune pick on a Apatite Vein and you'll realize you won't run out nearly as soon as you thought.

But if you MUST have a truly infinite amount of the stuff, you can use Magic Bees and their Apatite producing Bees to beat the system, or you can use GT and an Ender Pearl processing chain to get a infinite amount.

You can also, in theory, use TE3 for an infinite amount, but it's FAR less complicated but requires a way to make sandstone bricks for free, as well as dirt and sand, so basically no one does this.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
There is a video on YouTube showing the use of MFR to automate a rainbow tree, but it seems to rely on enormously fast rainbow leaf decay.

@Eyamaz
Did that leaf decay code get changed to control this too? I had someone complain to me that "this tree is so OP because it drops 500 dye in 5 seconds" and apparently MFR can burn that dye for fuel.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
There is a video on YouTube showing the use of MFR to automate a rainbow tree, but it seems to rely on enormously fast rainbow leaf decay.

@Eyamaz
Did that leaf decay code get changed to control this too? I had someone complain to me that "this tree is so OP because it drops 500 dye in 5 seconds" and apparently MFR can burn that dye for fuel.
Honestly, MFR allows almost any "organic" matter to be used as fuel, if you send it to that thing that makes Biofuel. Saplings, seeds, plants you make food with, dyes(including Lapis for some reason).
The main benefit of using a Rainbow Tree for this is that they drop about a stack of every type of dye per tree, which can last a really long time in the MFR Machine that makes Bio-Fuel(I can't remember the name, sadly).

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

@Eyamaz

I don't know if the leaf decay affects it, but yes to the other.
You do know the MFR harvested cuts all the leaves right?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I don't know if the leaf decay affects it, but yes to the other.
You do know the MFR harvested cuts all the leaves right?
No, I have never used it. However, the guy in the video says that "you do not need to cut the leaves, they decay on their own really fast". Perhaps he was mistaking the actions of the harvester as decay.

I would be surprised, however, if the harvester was aware enough of Rainbow trees to be able to harvest their leaves.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No, I have never used it. However, the guy in the video says that "you do not need to cut the leaves, they decay on their own really fast". Perhaps he was mistaking the actions of the harvester as decay.
I would be surprised, however, if the harvester was aware enough of Rainbow trees to be able to harvest their leaves.
If I remember right, it has a mode specific for leaves you can use. Mileage may vary in current version. No idea how well it performs on trees from various mods.

...which can last a really long time in the MFR Machine that makes Bio-Fuel(I can't remember the name, sadly).
Bioreactor in case it helps.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, MFR allows almost any "organic" matter to be used as fuel, if you send it to that thing that makes Biofuel. Saplings, seeds, plants you make food with, dyes(including Lapis for some reason).
The main benefit of using a Rainbow Tree for this is that they drop about a stack of every type of dye per tree, which can last a really long time in the MFR Machine that makes Bio-Fuel(I can't remember the name, sadly).
Just dont enchant sickle with fortune 3 ....

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
...Challenge ACCEPTED!
JUST DONT USE ARTIFICE SICKLE if you have lower end pc like me!!! :D
Code:
[WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
[WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
JUST DONT USE ARTIFICE SICKLE if you have lower end pc like me!!! :D
Code:
My Laptop is actually quite the beast, as an aside.

Reactions: Vasa

Nebulous

Jul 29, 2019
I have no problem with the farm itself, but cannot stand the fertilizer thing. Is there any way to make it off renewable stuff?

Its the same reason why I havent made a "big reactor" yet.

You can convert Minefactory Reloaded Fertiliser (A Sewer with animals above produces infinite Liquid Sewage, which a Composter turns into MFR Fertiliser) into Forestry's Fertiliser.
I used Thermal Expansion's Cyclic Assembler, to automate the conversion, and ran two treefarms and 4 Fermenters off one Composter.

fraidy_cat

Jul 29, 2019

Can you please provide us the link?

I'm building a mega tower right now and the only blocks that suit the nature of the build(SF-look) are the DYE blocks from your mod DYE trees mod. How ever i can't seem to find a way to automate the process of getting the "red tree dye" for example. i only get saplings from stevecarts, i get no sapplings from MFR and only sappling from the woodcutter from rotarycraft(Kudos btw). The forestry multiblock farm won't accept the tree saplings from your mod, so that's out of the question.

Any clue?

So far what i have been doing is planting the dye saplings by hand on a MFR harvester range platform. Wait for them to grow and using the leafblower from the Modular Powersuit power fist set to leaves only radius 9. I have change the config for dye trees to get only vanilla trees.

This method is efficient in terms of dye drops and tree saplings but it's in no way automated. The only thing automated is that i don't have to cut down the trees once all the leaves are gone.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Can you please provide us the link?

I'm building a mega tower right now and the only blocks that suit the nature of the build(SF-look) are the DYE blocks from your mod DYE trees mod. How ever i can't seem to find a way to automate the process of getting the "red tree dye" for example. i only get saplings from stevecarts, i get no sapplings from MFR and only sappling from the woodcutter from rotarycraft(Kudos btw). The forestry multiblock farm won't accept the tree saplings from your mod, so that's out of the question.

Any clue?

So far what i have been doing is planting the dye saplings by hand on a MFR harvester range platform. Wait for them to grow and using the leafblower from the Modular Powersuit power fist set to leaves only radius 9. I have change the config for dye trees to get only vanilla trees.

This method is efficient in terms of dye drops and tree saplings but it's in no way automated. The only thing automated is that i don't have to cut down the trees once all the leaves are gone.