Automatic Spawner

Sebastien Renault

Jul 29, 2019
A have a tier 5 blaze spawner in the overworld but when I move away from it it stops producing blaze rods. A chunk loader is in fact in place. Any help please?

JHoliness

Jul 29, 2019
Could you post any screenshots of how your farm is set up? Might help with identifying the problem.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
Unless I am mistaken I believe that once a mob is spawned from a soul shard it obeys "vanilla" mob rules. Meaning you are probably to far from the spawner and the mobs are despawning. A chunkloader will not fix this as it is a vanilla mechanic. You need a play entity near the spawner. I do not know of any items that act as one but a turtle MIGHT. This is only what I can think of given the limited information provided.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Unless I am mistaken I believe that once a mob is spawned from a soul shard it obeys "vanilla" mob rules. Meaning you are probably to far from the spawner and the mobs are despawning...

I understood that they didn't..
All my Tier 5 mob spawners work when they're at y30, and I'm at y190 above them, and my understanding was it doesn't matter that you're in the same chunk, i'm still more than 128 blocks away so thus should instantly despawn, but they don't.

it is listed on the wiki that they spawn mobs when players are near or not. so even if you're all the way across the map they still spawn with a chunk loader, kinda silly if you can't do anything with them.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
If you know any O-o languages, namely C++, this might help.

Code:
listofentities.add(new blaze);
if (listofentities[listofentities.size()-1]->distancetonearestentity() > 128)
{
    delete listofentities[listofentities.size()-1];
    listofentities.removelastelement();
}

If you code for Macs and know Objective-C instead,

Code:
@autoreleasepool
{
    [listofentities add:[blaze alloc]];
    if ([[listofentities lastelement] distancetonearestentity] > 128)
    {
        [listofentities removelastelement];
    }
}